Whitetails Inc--"Johnny Rotten"

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

MOBIGBUCKS

Whitetails Inc--"Johnny Rotten"

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:33 am

Hey guys,

First let me say I'm a big fan of Whiteknuckle productions and their web show. Todd has a heck of a show, and he hunts a lot like we do here on the beast. If you get a chance, check out "Johnny Rotten" on his web show whitetails inc. It's a great two part chronicle where he goes after a giant buck in and around his bedding area. I think you guys will enjoy it , so check it out if you get a chance.

http://whitetailsinc.com/Profile/Vendor ... Videos/760

headgear
500 Club

Re: Whitetails Inc--"Johnny Rotten"

Unread postby headgear » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:59 am

Yep good stuff for sure, I watched all his web shows last year and this year. Waiting Derek and Jake part II. 8-)
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:43 am

Hardcore fore sure...
That's almost suicidal - I know I couldn't do it!

New properties can be real tough and he seemed to burn it out before he reached his goal :?:
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:56 pm

Edcyclopedia wrote:Hardcore fore sure...

New properties can be real tough and he seemed to burn it out before he reached his goal :?:

Yeah, he had to do some MAJOR clearing to get the video footage I'm guessing. It's crazy because that old buck hung tight to his bedding, eventhough he knew he was being hunted by Todd. Great example of how these big deer choose the best bedding spots and utilize them even when they are being pursued hard.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:27 am

MOBIGBUCKS wrote:
Edcyclopedia wrote:Hardcore fore sure...

Yeah, he had to do some MAJOR clearing to get the video footage I'm guessing. It's crazy because that old buck hung tight to his bedding, eventhough he knew he was being hunted by Todd. Great example of how these big deer choose the best bedding spots and utilize them even when they are being pursued hard.

I would like to know how he knew he was bedding there for sure?
Without sightings of him in his bed and/or routine pre-evening sighting he's simply speculating - IMO.
Although he did burn a complete season on him, his hunch must have been very good, but who really knows for sure...

I think he pushed him off the property, myself, and/or changed his pattern, but what do I know... What do you think MO?
The land didn't seem big enough to keep pressure down to a minimum, but then again some bucks will just hold tight - plain and simple.

I will never discount his improvision or his desire and hard work - that man is a Beast!
cwoods
500 Club

Unread postby cwoods » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:49 am

Some good posts here. I really would like Todd to talk a more on the site about hunting and not gear or he has a new episode of W.I. While Im glad he does that I know he has a lot to offer. However, I know his time is spread pretty thin b/w Whiteknuckle, whitetails inc, wicked tree saw, and all his other ventures and designs. He dont mind the work thats for sure.
WKPTodd
Facebook: Todd Pringnitz

Unread postby WKPTodd » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:46 am

Honestly, the biggest reason I hung tight hunting that buck was because the time of the year was changing. There were too many other farms that that deer was travelling, and knowing he was there was all I needed to know. I came so close to killing that buck the night the doe busted us.... well, close doesn't count.

Sometimes we have to follow our guts, and that's what I was doing. I don't even hunt that property anymore due to it's very challenging terrain for filming. It's just a boring place to hunt honestly.

What many of you all realize is that location is key. I have been working my tail off in the off-season accessing ground that I need to be in the core areas of the mature animals I'm trying to kill. It's gonna be a good year!

In-regard to promoting my brands, I'm just trying to make a living guys. Not enough time in the day to do everything I'd like to be doing. Hanging out and chatting on this site is one of those things; but like all of you, I have bills to pay and no rich daddy to pay for me. , if I wanted to be like all these other pro's out there, I could be out whacking bucks on outfitted hunts or shooting dinks to give my sponsors a picture to promote. I'd rather pass bucks and kill does! he he....
WKPTodd

Unread postby WKPTodd » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:53 am

Also, should have mentioned in-regard to Johnny Rotten. The reason I was SO agreesive on that animal was because I was the first bowhunter to legally access that farm. I knew I could get away with a little more pressure than I would normally put on a buck; just because I knew the adjacent farms were hunted hard, and that's why this buck was living where he was. I saw him 3 times in 2 days, and that's why we stayed on him hard. That and because he was the only buck I really wanted to kill that season.

A wise hunter once told me. When I know a big buck is in a particular area, I'm either going to kill that buck, or drive him into another county. I'll be over-aggressive on properties I can't control. If I had the oportunity to own or control a large farm with tons of standing food (like all the weathy guys), I wouldn't have to be nearly as aggressive. That's where patience and persistence wins out more times than not. Of-course, like most of you, I hunt farms that are hunted by other dudes. If I get one crack at a moving in on a good one, I'll take it even if it's not perfect conditions. Sometimes you just have to make crap happen. Sometimes, crap is what you get! he he...
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:00 am

Well said Todd, thanks for the time...!
Good luck this year, you deserve it with your efforts.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
cwoods
500 Club

Unread postby cwoods » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:08 am

Edcyclopedia wrote:Well said Todd, thanks for the time...!
Good luck this year, you deserve it with your efforts.

x2!
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:16 am

cwoods wrote:Some good posts here. I really would like Todd to talk a more on the site about hunting and not gear or he has a new episode of W.I. While Im glad he does that I know he has a lot to offer. However, I know his time is spread pretty thin b/w Whiteknuckle, whitetails inc, wicked tree saw, and all his other ventures and designs. He dont mind the work thats for sure.

Gr8 suggestion.

MN Legacy
500 Club
Facebook: Brent Bushy

Unread postby MN Legacy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:41 pm

I have to say that I think Whitetails Inc. is a vary good show and I try to catch most of the episodes. One episodes he did a segment on how he attached the sticks to the stand with everything that comes with the stand and the sticks and I tell you that is a solid set up and quiet. Hey Todd what ever happened to Johnny Rotten? Great show and informative.
bk123

Unread postby bk123 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:55 am

Awesome shows!! Goes to show all the hard work that goes into hunting mature deer.
We all know the saying the more you put in to it the more you get out of it definitely true with big deer.
Good job todd!!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
WKPTodd

Unread postby WKPTodd » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:36 am

MN - Yeah, I don't know why more guys don't do it like that. I see bungee's and all this other stuff, and know what metal sounds like in the field - I hate that sound! he he... Of-course, my way doesn't sell anything additional - so that's the issue probably! he he...

Johnny Rotten was a 6-1/2 year old when I was hunting him. Only way I knew that for-sure was that I found his sheds the year before on my late season food. He was over a mile from home to be on my place. To this date, don't know what happened to him, but that darn farm he lived on was next to an interstate and I was so sick of listening to traffic and looking at honey suckle that I just couldn't take another season hunting that freaking farm. It was SO boring!
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:42 am

WKPTodd wrote:MN - Yeah, I don't know why more guys don't do it like that. I see bungee's and all this other stuff, and know what metal sounds like in the field - I hate that sound! he he... Of-course, my way doesn't sell anything additional - so that's the issue probably! he he...

Johnny Rotten was a 6-1/2 year old when I was hunting him. Only way I knew that for-sure was that I found his sheds the year before on my late season food. He was over a mile from home to be on my place. To this date, don't know what happened to him, but that darn farm he lived on was next to an interstate and I was so sick of listening to traffic and looking at honey suckle that I just couldn't take another season hunting that freaking farm. It was SO boring!

LOL about the traffic...I could hear that very well in the video :D

Todd, I'd keep hunting that farm even if you just get a couple good sits in and around the rut. I'm not sure of the aerial layout, but I bet you could monitor that thicket fairly easily with a couple cameras. If a big one shows up, it would be worth a couple sits. It seems like one of those great bedding locations that should be kept in your rotation. Good luck this season man!! I'll be watching whitetails Inc for sure.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”