Opening day anticipation?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tim
500 Club

Re: Opening day anticipation?

Unread postby tim » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:33 am

in general im excited for the season to get here, asfar as opening day. i will most likely be out but which farm is yet to be determined by trailcam photos/wind/crops etc.... it is a long season but still seems to be over withberfore you know what happened. i know this wont be a popular thing to say on here but i dont like early season capes on deer that being said if the deer i hope to go after walks by hes getting it eraly season cape or not :lol: i would be happy filling my freezer with a doe to be honest i have been out of venison for months.....

Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:38 am

Yeah my red thingy is starting to pop out - I just hope I don't succumb to dry humping my bow :shock:
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:43 am

Edcyclopedia wrote:Yeah my red thingy is starting to pop out - I just hope I don't succumb to dry humping my bow :shock:

:shock: is right! :lol:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
whitetail007
500 Club

Unread postby whitetail007 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:45 am

dan wrote:I saw a nice buck eating in a field two evenings ago at 3:45 pm... Really looking forward to the opener. I have three monsters located within an hour of home. With the Wisconsin opener being the 15th, it would be a good week to take hunting vacation while they are still in summer patterns, but I get off early enough to hunt every evening anyway.

yeah my plan to take time off early season is not going to happen, oct 29- nov 9 is what i have off. nov 2nd is my all time favorite day to be in the woods so im still happy :D should be able to hit the woods after work a couple times a week.
I BELIEVE IN PEACE.........THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER!
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:49 am

I always look forward to opener getting here. I have so many plans on what I want to try this year, just hope one of the plans works out good :)
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:50 am

I just turn the calender upside down and give the bottom a few smacks....
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:18 am

headgear wrote:Going crazy here but also a little distracted, wife is about to drop baby #3. Not the greatest timing in the world but if it happens after opener I will have some time off of work and hopefully sneak in a few evening hunts. Going to do a little low-impact scouting this weekend, hopefully confirm some bucks in some of my hunting areas.

3 is a game changer... been there done that :D

I was pumped until everything pattern wise changed on me in the past few days. I got a week to figure it out
Last edited by Bucky on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
cwoods
500 Club

Unread postby cwoods » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:18 am

Season opens saturday for me! :clap:
virginiashadow
500 Club

Unread postby virginiashadow » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:45 am

My love for hunting has never been greater, however my opening day anticipation levels have slowly reduced over the years. I try not to get worked up and if I can't hunt on opening day or even the first two to three days based on work or life, I don't get stressed.
jlh42581
500 Club

Unread postby jlh42581 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:32 am

virginiashadow wrote:My love for hunting has never been greater, however my opening day anticipation levels have slowly reduced over the years. I try not to get worked up and if I can't hunt on opening day or even the first two to three days based on work or life, I don't get stressed.

Sounds about like me. I used to make sure I had off every year for the first day of rifle season as in pa that is always the monday after thanksgiving. I have yet to ask for that day off this coming season and did not last season. I find I like solitude more than anything and I guess thats why I love the outdoors, getting away from complaining, phones, crying babies... everything. I find when 800,000 people take to the woods for one day I spend more time saying why than enjoying my day.
BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:24 am

Its about a week away now here in WI. Im excited, but I want to make sure I hunt the spots that are right for the conditions. I have a few places picked out for doe only which I like to kill the first few weeks of the season and fill up the frezzer. :L:
BJE80

Unread postby BJE80 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:57 am

Ready to go. Finished getting all my clothes washed and it totes last night and I'm taking them with me this weekend to the cabin. One last check on trail cams in the food plots this weekend and that should tell me where I will sit depending on the wind. It can't get here soon enough.
Swampman

Unread postby Swampman » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:33 am

I can't wait either. I have many beds to hunt this year in dry swamps. I stay completely out of the swamp all summer. There is nothing like getting back in the swamp and seeing fresh sign in the areas scouted the previous winter/spring

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:53 am

WI opener on the 15th, next Saturday. Weather forecast in my area calls for upper 70's, maybe 80, but low humidity. Got some more broad heads today too. But still need to go get a license sometime this weekend. Im always a last minute kinda guy.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”