Cam stolen

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

DropTyne
500 Club

Re: Cam stolen

Unread postby DropTyne » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:18 am

Edcyclopedia wrote:You mention fence row.

In NH the city/towns recommend putting the fence a minimum of one foot on your property line so you can maintain it without trespassing...
If it were in the fence row who owns the fence row?

I really have no idea who owns the fencerow, it hasn't been maintained for 20+ years atleast. I guess I wasn't even worried about it because it runs along a huge field on the north side of the property which the neighbor owns, It wasn't like I jumped a fence and started placing cameras all over the hardwoods he hunts, it was just overlooking his field to see where the deer were coming and going. If it was on his property at all it was a few feet, but again I am doubtful it was.

DROPTYNE

"Obsessed is a Word the Lazy Use to Describe the Dedicated"
NatureBoy
500 Club

Unread postby NatureBoy » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:57 am

Bummer man, I feel for you. Hope you are able to recover it.
Scout, scout, scout, hunt
natvbearhntr
500 Club

Unread postby natvbearhntr » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:47 am

I like Czabs idea! Sorry to hear about you camera and good luck getting it back.
jonsimoneau
500 Club

Unread postby jonsimoneau » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:56 am

Way back when I was in college I hunted with a guy who I thought was a good respectable guy. One day we were scouting way back in the Shawnee national forest when we came upon a stand and screw steps. The guy did not even think about it! He just climbed up there took down the stand and removed all the screw steps and put them in his pack. I told him I could not believe he would do that. He told me he could not believe I would NOT steal a stand I found on public land! Takes all kinds I guess.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:47 am

go ask him if he has seen anyone trepassing in the past week because u had one of your cameras stolen, tell him where it was and see how he responds, this way u arent accusing him, he knows u know and you can feel the situation out without accusing him. he may even let you know he took it and why, then go from there.....
whitetail007
500 Club

Unread postby whitetail007 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:16 am

the fact it was facing his property makes it more likely he drove by and seen it and figured someone was trespassing on his land.
I BELIEVE IN PEACE.........THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER!
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:19 am

whitetail007 wrote:the fact it was facing his property makes it more likely he drove by and seen it and figured someone was trespassing on his land.

I agree. People can get pretty touchy when it comes to huntin...
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:19 am

tim wrote:go ask him if he has seen anyone trepassing in the past week because u had one of your cameras stolen, tell him where it was and see how he responds, this way u arent accusing him, he knows u know and you can feel the situation out without accusing him. he may even let you know he took it and why, then go from there.....

I would do it like Tim said, or ask if he let anyone else on his land, because your camera is missing, I would also say it was on the fence row.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”