cwd in iowa?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tim
500 Club

cwd in iowa?

Unread postby tim » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:43 am

my dad said to me he was reading his new deer and deer hunting and said they found cwd in iowa, i havent read it yet but if so it will de interesting to see how iowa approaches this, the dnr is always praised for how they structure their deer hunting and hush program etc......

Casper
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/casper.kohlnhofer

Re: cwd in iowa?

Unread postby Casper » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:18 am

I'd be willing to bet almost every state has some Deer with cwd, they just aren't testing for it. It will be interesting to see if idnr does about it, if anything.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
The Healthy Herd Pro Staff
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:19 am

It was found in a fenced operation. From what I understand all deer were quarantined and some killed.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:42 am

yep bucky, i just read it, but you know thats how it always starts . it says they are upping their testing, so now they will find it most likely wherever they want :roll: . yep casper i agree its everywhere, look for it and you will find it. they just must want to find it in iowa now.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:09 am

There is CWD every year. Drought years tend to congregate the deer at water holes and this magnifies the problem.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:52 am

Stanley wrote:There is CWD every year. Drought years tend to congregate the deer at water holes and this magnifies the problem.

If that's the case, why does the DNR in WI allow us to build water holes? Apparently the deer can't eat off of the same baitpile,, but they can legally drink out of the same little water hole. Not sure I understand that.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:12 am

either way they woulddrink out of the same puddles of water etc......its all silly, the entire cwd thing..im over it
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:36 am

Missouri's CWD was traced to high fence operations such as this one...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”