How do the rut predictions work?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Sneaky

How do the rut predictions work?

Unread postby Sneaky » Thu May 27, 2010 7:26 am

Are they for certain parts of the country, or are they supposed to apply to everywhere? Texas Parks and Wildlife does studies on the does to see when they were bred, then they put out charts to determine peak breeding activity. Just within each portion of this state, the rut varies a good bit from area to area. And they seem to be pretty accurate. So I'm just curious what these dates these guys come up with (like Alsheimer) are applying to, exactly. I'd love to learn anything about the rut you guys can teach me.

Zap

Re: How do the rut predictions work?

Unread postby Zap » Thu May 27, 2010 11:47 am

Hey, S/A.

Good to see you on here.

I would like to know more also.

marty
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Thu May 27, 2010 1:35 pm

Sneaky wrote:Are they for certain parts of the country, or are they supposed to apply to everywhere? Texas Parks and Wildlife does studies on the does to see when they were bred, then they put out charts to determine peak breeding activity. Just within each portion of this state, the rut varies a good bit from area to area. And they seem to be pretty accurate. So I'm just curious what these dates these guys come up with (like Alsheimer) are applying to, exactly. I'd love to learn anything about the rut you guys can teach me.

I have read one of his books and he breaks the country up into sections. Midwest is different from the NE etc.. The south Rut is a completely different animal; Texas for example can have 3 different rut phases depending on the location in Texas you are at. It's pretty confusing until you read his books; he has a lot of scientific evidence to back up his predictions. His rut predictions were spot on for me in 09.' However, a lot of guys on here swear by the Murray prediction charts and I will be testing those out this year as well. Welcome to the Beast!! Good to see come and visit from AT.
Sneaky

Unread postby Sneaky » Fri May 28, 2010 12:21 am

That answers my question. Thank you.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”