Ohio Action Nov. 19 Week (T-Day)

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

phade
500 Club

Ohio Action Nov. 19 Week (T-Day)

Unread postby phade » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:41 am

Can some beasts give me the action report for central Ohio this time of year. My pre-approved vacation time from Nov. 3 to 18 was just pooched for an unforeseen circumstance...so now I have November 3-11 and I can take the week of Nov 19 if I so choose.

First time in a few years my two-week block has not been approved. Usually spend the first week in NY and the second in Ohio...soooooo thoughts?

http://www.pursuitoutdoors.com
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing
RUTIN
Facebook: Zach Taylor

Re: Ohio Action Nov. 19 Week (T-Day)

Unread postby RUTIN » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:38 am

I live in central ohio and based off the Murray moon guide, Nov. 2-10 will be good days to be in a tree, as well as Nov. 18-23. This year I have leave from Nov. 2 - 18 so I plan on parking my but in a tree all day on the 3-9 based off the moon guid action. More than likely I will be in a tree all day, everyday that two week span between OH and IN, maybe KY if im tagged out somewhere else already.
hunt1up

Unread postby hunt1up » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:09 pm

Don't forget, youth gun season starts Saturday the 24th. Pack an orange vest & hunt, they'll be movin'
spiker2930

Unread postby spiker2930 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:18 pm

from halloween till November 10 have always been the best for me but anytime in november is a good time. They always have the youth gun hunt the week before thanksgiving so there will be alot of people in the woods on the weekend. Good luck. What county are you hunting.
phade
500 Club

Unread postby phade » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:36 pm

hunt1up wrote:Don't forget, youth gun season starts Saturday the 24th. Pack an orange vest & hunt, they'll be movin'

Ah thanks for that info...forgot about that. I've got access to 50 acres in a bow-only hunting zone (I think they call it urban there)...so I may well be there for those days.

I usually bomb around in Richland, Crawford counties. But also have some access in Ashtabula and Morrow.
http://www.pursuitoutdoors.com
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing
Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:59 am

phade wrote:
hunt1up wrote:Don't forget, youth gun season starts Saturday the 24th. Pack an orange vest & hunt, they'll be movin'

Ah thanks for that info...forgot about that. I've got access to 50 acres in a bow-only hunting zone (I think they call it urban there)...so I may well be there for those days.

I usually bomb around in Richland, Crawford counties. But also have some access in Ashtabula and Morrow.

Im from Morrow! I hunt Morrow, Knox, and Deleware counties.
Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:01 am

phade wrote:Can some beasts give me the action report for central Ohio this time of year. My pre-approved vacation time from Nov. 3 to 18 was just pooched for an unforeseen circumstance...so now I have November 3-11 and I can take the week of Nov 19 if I so choose.

First time in a few years my two-week block has not been approved. Usually spend the first week in NY and the second in Ohio...soooooo thoughts?

Im taking the 5th through the 9th off.. should be a good week. Also get the 12th off for Veterans day... 10 days of straight hunting, gota love it!
gatorbait42

Unread postby gatorbait42 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:04 am

I have always liked the earlier Nov. dates, but I have seen some real giants out cruising that week leading up to Thanksgiving. I had some really good rut activity late Nov. last year. If your willing to put the time in a stand anytime in Nov. will be good

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”