Ask Andrae???

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Ask Andrae???

Unread postby dan » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:30 am

I am going to Interview Andrae tomorrow for a big DVD project we are working on... If I can get the interview done in a timely fashion I might have time for some additional questions... Any body want an opinion on something straight from Andrae?

Brad

Re: Ask Andrae???

Unread postby Brad » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:47 am

Could you ask Andrae how many "spots" he hunts (or has a plan of hunting) during the course of a year and how many hours he spends scouting in a normal year?

dan wrote:I am going to Interview Andrae tomorrow for a big DVD project we are working on... If I can get the interview done in a timely fashion I might have time for some additional questions... Any body want an opinion on something straight from Andrae?
BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:27 pm

It has been touched on a little bit, but I would like to know how he uses his trail cameras such as scouting purposes. Thanks Dan.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:43 pm

How does he deal with trespassers and what is the furthest he will let an arrow fly at a deer?
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Pullintoobs
500 Club

Unread postby Pullintoobs » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:39 pm

I would like to know if he were to spook a buck accidently, would he automatically move on to a different bed location on his next hunt or if he would back out and give that location another shot on his next hunt,knowing it bedded there with the current conditions. Or would he move to another bed automatically assuming the buck moved on to a different bed right away? How often a spooked buck returned to the same bed the next day or within a few days. I understand the bump and dump tactic but I think a buck would return to that bed knowing the bed was working in those conditions. If that makes any sense?
An unforseen future...Nestled somewhere in time
JJWI

Unread postby JJWI » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:59 pm

I would like to ask, if he found a deer later in the year, like this time of the year or during hunting season. On unfamilar territory. How would he go about hunting this animal?
gjs4
500 Club

Unread postby gjs4 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:07 pm

What are his favorite physical features of a property to hold bucks of the caliber he chases.

Very curious on the trail camera break down as well

Thanks Dan
Green and growing... Or red and rotting
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:12 pm

i guess just a genreal question, does he plan on coming out with anything else in the future or near future such as videos,trailcam, bow, book, etc.........
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:18 pm

I would be curious if he has a hard time now setting goals for himself (as far as big buck goals) and what is his next goal in big buck hunting is.
Ridgerunner7
500 Club

Unread postby Ridgerunner7 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:26 pm

I'd be interested in hearing his ideal wind setups OUTSIDE THE RUT. Meaning, does he generally put the wind in his face (safest) or does he like to set up with just an off wind to give the buck a sense of security? (risky) Or will anywind not blowing to the buck in his bed acceptable? And if extreme hunting pressure vs light pressure makes a difference?
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:45 pm

One word question. Bigwoods?

I know Andrea started out in the bigwoods so an insite or advice would be taken to heart. Probably a bad question to ask because it really deserves its own video but just to hear Andrea, Dan, Magic or a few others talk about bigwoods in great detail would be cool. I suspect this is for something farm related ;) but I just had to throw it out there.
DMiller6868

Unread postby DMiller6868 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:50 pm

A few I'd like to ask...

How he utilizes trail cameras to "pattern" deer?
The first 5 things he would do if he got a big buck on camera tomorrow...
How he "scouts"during hunting season, what kind of things is he looking for?
His 5 Key Success Factors for Success in the whitetail woods...
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:39 pm

headgear wrote:One word question. Bigwoods?

I know Andrea started out in the bigwoods so an insite or advice would be taken to heart. Probably a bad question to ask because it really deserves its own video but just to hear Andrea, Dan, Magic or a few others talk about bigwoods in great detail would be cool. I suspect this is for something farm related ;) but I just had to throw it out there.

X2!! :L:
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
P&YBuck1
500 Club

Unread postby P&YBuck1 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:15 pm

How does he scout so successfully all these properties he hunts scattered in several states? I understand he may have more time available since he sold the business but it still takes a lot of time. Also, it can be physically challenging too. On top of it how does he select which property holds the best chance for him to score on his next big buck. Speed scouting techniques? Thanks!
mike_mc
500 Club

Unread postby mike_mc » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:47 pm

Thoughts on creating buck beds?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”