Pictures of Buck Beds

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

brancher147
500 Club

Re: Pictures of Buck Beds

Unread postby brancher147 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:38 am

I don’t think this was a buck bed as big antlers just wouldn’t fit under the rock. Just thought it was a neat bed under this boulder. Was looking down on a river and the main road. Only access was across the river. I saw does bedding just above this last year but on top of a similar boulder. Crazy what deer can use to their advantage in the mountains.
CCF28509-2E1D-4578-BC0B-B8BCC8DF9F54.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Some do. Some don't. I just might...
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:29 pm

Here a few good ones ive found
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Evan_Outdoors

Unread postby Evan_Outdoors » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:13 am

These all look like buck beds to me! I’ve really learned a lot from you guys on here and the pictures really help after I find a spot I believe would hold a good bed.
515Raven

Unread postby 515Raven » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:21 am

Found this overlooking an eastern slope after tracking a rub line up here. There is a big drop off further ahead with a lot of briars that and thick vegetation that will populate the area come spring.
Mike32
500 Club

Unread postby Mike32 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:34 pm

Here's one from some hill country public.
Hoyt RX7 bow, and exodus broadheads
Beast stand and beast sticks.
Dpoole90

Unread postby Dpoole90 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:06 am

Found these today on some pub.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:37 am

<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:01 am

Hit the woods yesterday w/o a game plan. So I decided to poke around and go see an old bed. Definitely one of the coolest beds iv ever found.

I found the bed in 2017 and laid eyes on him in late October 2018. He was tailing 2 Does out of range and would not react to anything I tried. (Now iv learned to rattle them off the Does)

Here is a visual of 5 Year Difference --- The leaves in the bed were not as thick as the leaves on the forest floor around it, theres only a couple small green sprouts in the bed w others around it being taller but no hair could be found. I still think a deer has used this spot or one might occasionally, hard to tell really. The generational rub lines leading to & from the bed are like you drew them out yourself. Rubs everywhere! So the general area is well used every year.

ImageImage

ImageImage

I did catch him on video w my cell phone but its the worst footage iv ever taken. I took a still and outlined it to try and give a visual. Really nice buck! He was just out of range..

Based on my experience seeing the deer, the beds lack of cover, generational aggressive rubs & Doe bedding across the valley -- This is a Rut Bed. He could lay down, keep his eyes on the Does bedding area and watch for other bucks to come around. Theres enough oaks around where he was able to feed close to bedding and theres always standing water at the bottom of the ridge.

Here are the Doe beds across the valley on top of the ridge. This property is known for big Does but WOW :shock:

ImageImage
Chaseman

Unread postby Chaseman » Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:36 pm

Bed located on a raised mound in the middle of a flooded cypress swamp in south louisiana.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”