Thank You Scott Walker, Again

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

PeteJ

Re: Thank You Scott Walker, Again

Unread postby PeteJ » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:33 am

AWESOME! :clap: :clap: :clap:

whitetail007
500 Club

Unread postby whitetail007 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:43 am

walker is the best thing to ever happen to wisconsin. thanks scott :clap:
I BELIEVE IN PEACE.........THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER!
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:43 am

Kodiakman wrote:Outstanding.

I do however feel the use of earn a buck should be a viable option, to use sparingly or cyclically perhaps. I saw a lot of deer have the chance to get big because of it. [glow=red]Farmer Joe and his platoon of Orange coats will shoot everything on site.[/glow] Forcing them to stop and think for a moment, allowed for some basket 6's and fork 4's to get another year to grow up and get a little wiser, cagier. [glow=red]The overall quality of bucks[/glow]taken I thought improved imensely is some of the areas I hunted that had the EAB. It was very obvious to anyone paying attention. My butcher friends agreed after I brought the topic up.

I don't know why some people have such a big problem with how other hunting camps operate when themselves are not hunting the same land. So what if they legally kill game and fill their tags. And I believe the quality of deer is not dictated by antler size. Im not attacking you Kodiak, but Im very outspoken on this debate.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:37 am

I agree, we all pay the same fee for our license, what we decide to use the tag on is our choice. If people want to shoot doe's thats fine, and in some spots 100% necessary, and then in others there are fewer deer so it is not necessary from a management standpoint. If someone wants to kill small bucks or does thats fine with me as long as they don't complain about deer sightings or never seeing big bucks.
Crazinamatese wrote:

I do however feel the use of earn a buck should be a viable option, to use sparingly or cyclically perhaps. I saw a lot of deer have the chance to get big because of it. [glow=red]Farmer Joe and his platoon of Orange coats will shoot everything on site.[/glow] Forcing them to stop and think for a moment, allowed for some basket 6's and fork 4's to get another year to grow up and get a little wiser, cagier. [glow=red]The overall quality of bucks[/glow]taken I thought improved imensely is some of the areas I hunted that had the EAB. It was very obvious to anyone paying attention. My butcher friends agreed after I brought the topic up.

I don't know why some people have such a big problem with how other hunting camps operate when themselves are not hunting the same land. So what if they legally kill game and fill their tags. And I believe the quality of deer is not dictated by antler size. Im not attacking you Kodiak, but Im very outspoken on this debate.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:34 am

Crazinamatese wrote:

Kodiakman used to live right down the street from me... Should those people be able to shoot 20 deer each? Yea, I guess if its legal they can do what they want. But, I heard about one guy trying to set a new record and killed close to 60 deer the 1st year ( when there was still deer ) I met another guy who bragged he shot over 30 in one season ( himself ) I met a school teacher hunting behind my house who had shot a ton of deer a couple years ago, including 9 - 1 1/2 year old bucks... He told me his family don't eat venison so he is always looking for people to give it too... A lot of the guys who killed all these deer, are the same people complaining now.
Prior to 2000, I could see deer every day hunting, and about one a week pass on a P&Y buck. Now its a ghost town... I can go 30 days straight without seeing a single deer. So you ask "why should I care what other hunters do?" Well, because it greatly effects the quality of everybody elses hunt... Most of these guys believed the non-sense the WDNR was spreading about CWD and did not know it was a political ploy, and not really a problem. They thought they were doing good... The EAB needs to stop here, or be managed better... When you can hunt 3300 acres and only see 1 doe in an entire season, I think its time to stop the killing. The doe season was a start, but we really need to outlaw the shooting of does for a couple of seasons to get a rebound on the population. And we still have EAB, so excuse my french, but the orange army will still be killing every one they see....
As far as the comment about what they do on there own land... Thats fine. But, most of these guys come out and do there drives on the public land. Some won't shoot a doe on there own land, and come out to the public to earn the right to shoot bucks on there own land.
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:34 am

I didn't know the story behind your guy's situation. But, I still stand with the fact if they are legally harvesting game on their land. It is what it is. What can you do? This is what the state government allowed to happen, and I agree, it affects the neighbor's land too. I agree we need to stop killing does. I seen two does all season last year. I do disagree with hunters driving public land. But, I cannot do anything about it but live with it and go somewhere else to hunt. People suck!
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:51 pm

Bravo Scottie!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:31 am

A guy at work brought up a good point... It just says he ended the October hunt... Sounds like the December killing will still occur.
jlh42581
500 Club

Unread postby jlh42581 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:07 am

I gotta say, I must be a little confused. I thought where I was, seeing only a couple deer in a season was something out of the ordinary. One thing though I dont have is big bucks.
utica19

Unread postby utica19 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:54 am

Yeah as far as I can tell the December antlerless hunt is still in effect. So is the "Holiday" gun hunt that starts Dec 24 in CWD zones. The problem is that everyone was so clueless when CWD was discovered here. If u recall, the WDNR said initially they wanted to kill EVERY deer in the area where CWD was discovered! (That's not a misprint). Good luck with that!
So while the season framework may not be perfect IMO, at least canning that Oct gun hunt is a good start.

[ Post made via BlackBerry Curve ] Image
jlh42581
500 Club

Unread postby jlh42581 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:14 am

We have a week long muzzleloader season combined with a junior/senior only rifle season right smack in the middle of october here. Wish they would dump ours.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”