How do you carry you milkweek seeds to the stand?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: How do you carry you milkweek seeds to the stand?

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:47 am

Baggy. :cry:
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
seeds

Unread postby seeds » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:33 am

When the pods are fully spread,I might put a couple in a baggy. Otherwise I just shove a couple pods in my pocket. I found that seeds stayed in the pods best when the pods were harvested when open (for dryness) but not spread wide.

What benefit is there to putting the seeds in a different container than the one they already come in?

I did pick a whole bunch that were wide,wide open and practically poured out of the pods. I filled a big paper grocery bag.. They seemed to be a PITA to use,even when in transferred to a baggie for a day's use. Somehow they'd get loose in my truck,or I'd forget them and reach in my pocket in the house to bring out keys and a bunch would float away...One day I'm going to bring that big bag of floaties to work and release them from the bucket truck - 65' up in the air.
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:04 pm

JJWI wrote:I use an old plastic chew can. I just drill a 1/4" hole in the center of the can. There is a dimple in the center of can on the lid or on the bottom, just center drill through the dimple. I fill the can up and pull the seeds through the hole. If the seeds quit coming up, I get a small stick and insert it through the hole and spin it, catching seeds, and pull it up with a bunch of seeds in toe. I like the can because the fit in to any pocket and sit nice and flat in the pocket.

I took your advice and did it this year. Worked great. I found a chew tin that is only a 1/2 thick and and it fits in my jacket pocket and you would never know its there until you need it.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”