Staying Warm

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kenn1320
500 Club

Re: Staying Warm

Unread postby kenn1320 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:49 pm

Dewey wrote:What do you guys think about these Thermacell remote control heated insoles? Seem pretty pricey to me at $130! :shock:

http://www.thermacell.com/heated-insoles-foot-warmers

Wonder how long the batteries last?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Not sure, they look interesting. Im lucky in the foot department, have a pair of rocky extreme stalkers or something like that and I just wear a pair of cotton socks and can sit all day. Yep I said cotton. :D Guess if I ever get cold feet, Ill switch sock material, but Ive had these boots a loooonnnggggg time and never a problem.

"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
Kodiakman
Forum Executive Chef

Unread postby Kodiakman » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:52 pm

headgear wrote:
xpauliber wrote:If it gets in the low 40's/upper 30's, I will break out the HBS

What, that is like summer up here! ;)

Yeah that seems like a little over kill. I would reach for a can of spinach first. That's like the ideal temp.
It's not a problem, it's a opportunity for a solution.
NatureBoy
500 Club

Unread postby NatureBoy » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:30 am

backstraps wrote:How much noise does the zipper make while you are coming out to grab your bow?

Hardly any noise at all. It's like any other piece of equipment, take a little practice to master but is extremely useful. Another advantage of the HBS is that it conceals any fidgeting that you made do, little hand movements and so on, until you're ready for a shot.
Scout, scout, scout, hunt
jlh42581
500 Club

Unread postby jlh42581 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:02 am

xpauliber
500 Club

Unread postby xpauliber » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:03 am

Kodiakman wrote:
headgear wrote:

Yeah that seems like a little over kill. I would reach for a can of spinach first. That's like the ideal temp.

Alot of the walks to my stand are close to a mile and wearing anything more than just base layers will cause me to rain on the walk in. Having the HBS strapped to my stand allows me to walk without getting sweated up, but still be warm enough when I do get on stand.
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:38 pm

xpauliber wrote:
Kodiakman wrote:
headgear wrote:

I like the hbs because I can wear just about anything underneath it and still be warm. Half the time I don't need long underwear, just jeans a sweatshirt, boots and a hat. It makes for little to no prep time....I go from work to the marsh I no time.

Alot of the walks to my stand are close to a mile and wearing anything more than just base layers will cause me to rain on the walk in. Having the HBS strapped to my stand allows me to walk without getting sweated up, but still be warm enough when I do get on stand.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:44 pm

Sorry guys I messed my last post up horribly. I was trying to say that the hbs allows me to get into the woods and or marsh quickly with out a lot of prep. The hbs goes over my jeans and coat no problem. I can get away with not wearing a lot of bulky clothes.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:57 am

Kodiakman wrote:
headgear wrote:

I wear mine in the 40's too. Its nice to walk in in jeans and a long sleeve t shirt and be able to hunt in the comfort of a sleeping bag all day. ;)

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”