A "HuntingBeast" ....

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

cwoods
500 Club

Re: A "HuntingBeast" ....

Unread postby cwoods » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:39 am

Very nice! :clap:

Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:15 am

That is a great deer that you worked for - period!

Very COOL! :clap:
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:14 pm

Thats a great buck.
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:50 pm

I was so happy when the plan worked. I can still remember how the 2 veteran hunters on that particular lease was giving me a hard time...saying I was going to bump him off his pattern. I told them it didnt matter, we couldnt get a legal light shot at him until Muzzleloader anyway. :)

I am no longer on that lease, just way too much pressure on the land we could hunt. Needless to say by them time firearm season rolled around.... the neighbors loved us :)
ttsbuck
500 Club

Unread postby ttsbuck » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Its always impressive to target a particular buck and then kill him and that is a very nice buck. How fun was it when you went up yo the farmer and said " I got him"
Jackson Marsh

Re: A "HuntingBeast" .... PICS ADDED

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:50 pm

backstraps wrote:
Edcyclopedia wrote::text-worthless:

LOL - Improvision!!!

AND IM ALLERGIC TO RAGWEED....I crawled into the hayrolls through the weeds at the top of the picture. The "shooting lane" was between the two hayrolls at the bottom of the pic. :lol:

Nothing wrong with that buck! I love the way you used "unconventional tactics". Congrats
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:53 pm

ttsbuck wrote:Its always impressive to target a particular buck and then kill him and that is a very nice buck. How fun was it when you went up yo the farmer and said " I got him"

The farmer knew my persistance! So he wasnt surprised. One of the older guys mumbled around and said well the only reason this and the only reason that.... finally did come around and said it was a good idea. I thouught to myself, heck any idea that works is a good idea :)

I wanted to laugh at them, but I never said anything out of the way to any of the guys. I am always grateful, and appreciative for my opportunities im blessed with.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:57 pm

backstraps wrote:
ttsbuck wrote:Its always impressive to target a particular buck and then kill him and that is a very nice buck. How fun was it when you went up yo the farmer and said " I got him"

The farmer knew my persistance! So he wasnt surprised. One of the older guys mumbled around and said well the only reason this and the only reason that.... finally did come around and said it was a good idea. I thouught to myself, heck any idea that works is a good idea :)

I wanted to laugh at them, but I never said anything out of the way to any of the guys. I am always grateful, and appreciative for my opportunities im blessed with.

Sounds like you handled it perfectly.........the buck and the hunters!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”