Workman mentality the entire season or slow down and enjoy?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigHunt

Re: Workman mentality the entire season or slow down and enj

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:29 pm

goldtip5575 wrote:Ill let you know when I kill 3 or 4 mature bucks in one year.LOL....Right now I slow down and enjoy any mature buck I or any friend tags.Really any deer small buck or doe is a reason to slow down and enjoy a beer.

X2

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:50 am

BigHunt wrote:
goldtip5575 wrote:Ill let you know when I kill 3 or 4 mature bucks in one year.LOL....Right now I slow down and enjoy any mature buck I or any friend tags.Really any deer small buck or doe is a reason to [glow=red]slow down and enjoy a beer[/glow].

X2

Hey BigHunt......since when did you start drinking beer? :shock: :lol:
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:33 am

Dewey wrote:
BigHunt wrote:
goldtip5575 wrote:Ill let you know when I kill 3 or 4 mature bucks in one year.LOL....Right now I slow down and enjoy any mature buck I or any friend tags.Really any deer small buck or doe is a reason to [glow=red]slow down and enjoy a beer[/glow].

X2

thats not what i ment.......do the beer jokes ever end ???or do i hsve to start up my anti drinking binge again :think:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:42 am

BigHunt wrote:
Dewey wrote:
BigHunt wrote:

X2

thats not what i ment.......do the beer jokes ever end ???or do i hsve to start up my anti drinking binge again :think:

Easy there big guy......I know exactly what you meant. Just thought it was kinda funny! :? Guess I will keep my jokes to myself. :mrgreen:
JV NC
500 Club

Unread postby JV NC » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:38 am

I've done it both ways (killed OK deer, both ways). But, I hunt a LOT less than I used to, and I see more and better bucks - relaxing.

My idea of relaxing is only hunting the best spots when the wind is right AND the time is right. I used to hunt these spots whenever I had time. I hunted the spot I killed my best buck one time in the last 2yrs.. It's the only time I could hunt it with the right wind. Being in the right place is futile, if it's the wrong time, also.

Less is more, nowadays.
Lateral Bowhunter
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:01 am

Dewey wrote:
BigHunt wrote:
Dewey wrote:
BigHunt wrote:

X2

Easy there big guy......I know exactly what you meant. Just thought it was kinda funny! :? Guess I will keep my jokes to myself. :mrgreen:

:lol: just pulling your leg dewey
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
bonemonger

Unread postby bonemonger » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:16 am

i think i have some kind of type a personality, i hunt as much as i can till i kill a buck in Ohio and P.A., then slow down and enjoy late season doe hunting. if i am not out hunting and still have a buck tag its not easy living with me!
bigbob

Unread postby bigbob » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:30 pm

I would say that I tend to do more observing the first month of the season here in Iowa. If a good buck presented an opportunity I would definitely be ready for it, but for the most party I am out trying to put together more pieces of the puzzle. I guess only getting one buck tag in Iowa makes me want it to last. But at the same time I also know from experience it's a whole lot easier to figure out what to do with extra time once one's down than to figure out how to get one the last few days of season.
U.P. MAN
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:42 am

Definetly slow down a little and enjoy each hunt more as I get older. The drive is there though.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”