Keeping deer off

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

GRFox
500 Club

Re: Keeping deer off

Unread postby GRFox » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:06 pm

No one has ever seen that commercial for "Gallager Gap" or something like that?

DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:57 pm

Bucky wrote:Electric fence is pretty much the only thing that works... He could try milogranite fertilizer depending on food source he planted? It gives off a number 2 smell and keeps them out for a few weeks...

[ Post made via iPad ]

X2 The electric fence is laid differently to be effective against deer, but it works the best. See the link I provided in the thread that Dan posted the link to (it's Gallagher a GRFox 8-) ).

dan wrote:Chemical fencing... its a cloth strip you fence around your plot soaked with a deer repellant. Andrae uses it. Some deer still get in, but the majority avoid it.

X2 It lasts longer than Milogranite, but it dose have to be retreated every 2-3 months if I remember right.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Autumn Ninja

Unread postby Autumn Ninja » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Wish I needed a replant for deer, lol....must be nice, good luck with that man!!!!
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:31 am

Ill tell him about the milo and the chemical fence and try to get some before and after pics of the plots..his area is loaded with deer. Thanks guys.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:31 am

Tell him if the deer smoke his peas n beans to go back in about now or next week and broadcast a mixture of purple top turnips, dwarf esox rape, and winter rye over the beans. A good rain will make lots of extra goodies for late fall. If you can get a food plot with grain = beans + green = brassicas/rye late into fall it is the absolute best available food plot around IMO. Fert and fencing options are expensive and a pain... I find this solution more effective and less time consuming

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”