Boscobel buck, possible world record ?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dreaming bucks

Boscobel buck, possible world record ?

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:37 am

Has anybody heard anything about this buck? I can't seem to find any info on it. It was shot I believe two years ago, but not sure about that. It was shot with a gun during gun season, but apparently one of the horns was shot off. It sounds like it was measured once, & there was some discrepancies on how it was measured, so B & C are going to measure it again. Does anybody know anything about this buck?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

headgear
500 Club

Re: Boscobel buck, possible world record ?

Unread postby headgear » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:16 am

Is this him?

dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:18 am

No, that was shot with a bow... the one I'm talking about was shot gun season, & part of an antler was shot off..

Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:27 am

No help here, but the story sounds familiar.

dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:31 am

Does anybody get the WI outdoor news? I think there might be something in there about it, I believe in the latest issue. I just signed up for that paper last week, so I don't have my first one yet..

Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:35 am

dreaming bucks wrote:Does anybody get the WI outdoor news? I think there might be something in there about it, I believe in the latest issue. I just signed up for that paper last week, so I don't have my first one yet..

I get it, haven't gotten through it yet, but will up date you when I find it. I don't believe it can be officially scored if the antler was shot off though.
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:52 am

Ok, I just found more info, and sorry, this is probably old news for some of you guys..... It was shot way back in 2006, called the " Johnny King buck".... I have heard B&C may rescore it,, but anyway here is a link to it I found......

http://www.bowhunting.com/publisher/hun ... -king-buck
rizzo999
500 Club

Unread postby rizzo999 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:02 am

HeadGear, thanks for posting those pics. I hunt about 5 miles from where this deer was supposedly tagged. A buddy was asking if there were any decent sized bucks in the area, but I could no longer find those pics that I had of that buck.

Back to the topic at hand. I held the rack to the "King" buck at the Deer & Turkey show back in April and WOW that this was a brute! After looking at it with my own eyes and running my hands on the base of the point that is in question I am leaning towards the side that those two points are coming from a common base, but I am not even close to a certified or even expert scorer so don't take my word for it!!!
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:04 am

MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:12 am

Yeah, I remember this one. That common base point could go either way really; It was a tough call for the panel when it was first scored.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:26 am

If your talking about the "King" buck we had a discussion on this a few years ago......... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6683

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:42 am

Thanks Dewey, I didn't realize it was covered here before..... but from the little rumormill I heard yesterday, it's possibly getting rescored. I live only about 45 minutes or so from where it was shot, so some of the rumors trickle there way out to us.... I hope they do rescore it, would love to see it make it this time...

MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:58 am

dreaming bucks wrote:Thanks Dewey, I didn't realize it was covered here before..... but from the little rumormill I heard yesterday, it's possibly getting rescored. I live only about 45 minutes or so from where it was shot, so some of the rumors trickle there way out to us.... I hope they do rescore it, would love to see it make it this time...

Yup, I hope they do too. He's a beauty isn't he!?!
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:01 am

Here is the buck we are speaking of...............

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”