Tell us what you have learned from the Elite HB members?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

DaveT1963
500 Club

Re: Tell us what you have learned from the Elite HB members?

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:05 am

I'll list what I've experienced here on the beast.

Dan: His willingness to help ANYONE. He is very knowledgeable and openly shares with folks. I sent him a few photos and asked if I could pay to have him analyze them. He called me and we talked over several areas... on a few phone calls and wouldn't charge me. You just don't see someone of Dan's ability share like that very often these days.

Ed - he keeps me laughing with his posts and makes me realize that I far to often takes things to serious.... makes new slow dowm and enjoy the ride.

Stash and Exo, have shown me to not take things for granted and their persistence and determinstion are refreshing.

WTA he has blessed me to see a young man that takes the time to see to it his father is enjoying the thing he loves.

Stanley - reminds me of a ship that sails steady and sure.... never gets tossed around by the waves. Something tells me if you were in a bind he'd be the one you would want by your side.

JoeRE - Humility. The guy is full of a lot of knowledge but presents it with such class.

Dewey - I still can't get past his avatar... I think I really believe he is Fred Bear as that is the image engrained in my mind lol.... but his passion and DETERMINATION last year was fun to see.

There are a ton more. In fact I think everyone on this site offers something unique. Wish I had the time to point out all but that would be a long long post.

And I have not even touched upon all the hunting knowledge I've personally gained from so many on here. There really is no other site like this that I've seen.

I cant see how anyone wouldn't be learning all kinds of things here as there is a wealth of goodness all around.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:36 am

A defined way of hunting mature whitetails from several view points. To hunt with a purpose, and know all the intangibles that can make or break your season. Scout the same way. I much clearer understanding of wind/thermals. Persistence, dedication, preparation, and understanding what the sign is telling me about how deer are using and why they are using an area. Refined set ups, refined entrance and exit strategy, observation stands, trail camera use and effectiveness, but I think the most important to me was the out of the box mentality that every single ELITE hunter on this site uses. The unselfish behavior to share and discuss in depth is treasured by me and has helped mold my hunting.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:01 am

I'm going to be as forthright as I can be. I often think I know a little bit about deer hunting. The Beast brings me down to reality in a hurry. I really don't know that much accumulatively, compared to so many Beast members about deer hunting in general. Plus I'm not the teacher that many members are.

When on the Beast you are much farther ahead leaving your ego off the site. The ideas and topics are a wealth of knowledge for an old salty dog like me. I often would get stuck in my ways and not open minded enough. Huge lessons acquired on the Beast. Think about this if you want to learn about any topic from game cameras, to buck beds, to thermals, to topo maps, to moon phases, to swamps, to farm land, to tree stands, to ground hunting, to scent control, and the list goes on.

What other resources give you all that with strict moderation to boot? The answer; None!!!!!!!!
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:08 am

Stanley wrote:I'm going to be as forthright as I can be. I often think I know a little bit about deer hunting. The Beast brings me down to reality in a hurry. I really don't know that much accumulatively, compared to so many Beast members about deer hunting in general. Plus I'm not the teacher that many members are.

When on the Beast you are much farther ahead leaving your ego off the site. The ideas and topics are a wealth of knowledge for an old salty dog like me. I often would get stuck in my ways and not open minded enough. Huge lessons acquired on the Beast. Think about this if you want to learn about any topic from game cameras, to buck beds, to thermals, to topo maps, to moon phases, to swamps, to farm land, to tree stands, to ground hunting, to scent control, and the list goes on.

What other resources give you all that with strict moderation to boot? The answer; None!!!!!!!!

You are Master and I am Grasshopper, once I snatch the arrow from your hand I will leave the compound...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml1X_0bBHE0

My ritual will be to heat up a bow and pick it up with my forearms, forever leaving the mark of your teachings in my soul.
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:19 am

Edcyclopedia wrote:
Stanley wrote:I'm going to be as forthright as I can be. I often think I know a little bit about deer hunting. The Beast brings me down to reality in a hurry. I really don't know that much accumulatively, compared to so many Beast members about deer hunting in general. Plus I'm not the teacher that many members are.

[glow=red]You are Master and I am Grasshopperonce I snatch the arrow from your hand I will leave the compound...[/glow]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml1X_0bBHE0

My ritual will be to heat up a bow and pick it up with my forearms, forever leaving the mark of your teachings in my soul.

You can then move on to "Kill Bill" ;) :lol:
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:19 am

You don't give yourself enough credit... One thing I really like about you is that you have little to say, but when you do, you speak with knowledge learned thru work, sweat, and time. A lot of people talk about things they learned by reading, or watching others, and that's how misinformation gets spread... Your usually right on the money.

And the ego statement is a great example. There "where" a lot of great hunters here with terrible egos, and like other sites they continue to come. But they have been or will be removed, or left after being set straight. If you let egos rule a place like this, no one will discuss anything for fear of criticism. Luckily we got a few great people here that agree with me on that and keep the quality of this site as the number 1 goal... The last thing anybody here wants is this to become like A.T. (Argue Talk)
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:55 am

dan wrote:

You don't give yourself enough credit... One thing I really like about you is that you have little to say, but when you do, you speak with knowledge learned thru work, sweat, and time. A lot of people talk about things they learned by reading, or watching others, and that's how misinformation gets spread... Your usually right on the money.

[glow=red]And the ego statement is a great example. There "where" a lot of great hunters here with terrible egos, and like other sites they continue to come. But they have been or will be removed, or left after being set straight. If you let egos rule a place like this, no one will discuss anything for fear of criticism. Luckily we got a few great people here that agree with me on that and keep the quality of this site as the number 1 goal... The last thing anybody here wants is this to become like A.T. (Argue Talk)[/glow]

100% agree. I have posted more on this forum here in 6-8mos than I have in other forums over 3yrs. For one thing, there are like minded individuals who are GOOD at what they do. So when most of you guys say something, its a smart thing to listen, agree or disagree. Most other forums are still discussing multiplication tables while this one is discussing advanced calculus.

This place is pretty unique I have to say that. Never seen anything like it. No name calling. Another forum I am part of, guys are having to lock threads, give guys a break, ban people...delete words because of the foul language. Just don't see that around here. Its a breath of fresh air. Plus, with everyone sharing, really keeps the motivation level high and gives me a place to share with guys who actually are doing the same thing.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:24 am

DaveT1963 wrote:
Dewey - I still can't get past his avatar... I think I really believe he is Fred Bear as that is the image engrained in my mind lol.... but his passion and DETERMINATION last year was fun to see.

Little explanation on my avatar........ Fred Bear has been my hero since I was a young child. This is my way of honoring him since without him bowhunting would not be what it is today.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:49 am

i have learned to keep after it... learning one lesson at a time. It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll.
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
swwave24

Unread postby swwave24 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:01 pm

I've learned so much from the beast over the past year.

Bedding, Scouting, Mapping, Wind, Understanding sign, along with mental game of hunting, and many other topics.

It's been really interesting the past year. My dad stated taking me hunting at a young age. He taught me what basic deer sign was, common funnels/pinch point, and typical setups most people would think would be good, with minimal success.. Not due to his fault, it's just what he read in magazines and watched on TV.

He'd been hunting for 35+ years. He always wished to shoot bigger deer and didn't feel he could have success on public land. Since he really never pushed his style on me, I've been able to learn the beast/personal style of hunting deer. My dad and I were able to shoot at two quality bucks with-in a half hour of each other this last year. We ended up recovering mine and wasn't so fortunate on his deer he shot. He was so happy, just to have the opportunity at his first 8 pointer or better with a bow after 35+ years.

The part I think is interesting, is him putting his ego to the side and listen to me. He let me explain why he might have seen minimal success and let me show him the beast style. Thanks for teaching/coaching me up Dan and the hunting beast team!
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Wed May 24, 2017 9:47 pm

swwave24 wrote:I've learned so much from the beast over the past year.

Bedding, Scouting, Mapping, Wind, Understanding sign, along with mental game of hunting, and many other topics.

It's been really interesting the past year. My dad stated taking me hunting at a young age. He taught me what basic deer sign was, common funnels/pinch point, and typical setups most people would think would be good, with minimal success.. Not due to his fault, it's just what he read in magazines and watched on TV.

He'd been hunting for 35+ years. He always wished to shoot bigger deer and didn't feel he could have success on public land. Since he really never pushed his style on me, I've been able to learn the beast/personal style of hunting deer. My dad and I were able to shoot at two quality bucks with-in a half hour of each other this last year. We ended up recovering mine and wasn't so fortunate on his deer he shot. He was so happy, just to have the opportunity at his first 8 pointer or better with a bow after 35+ years.

The part I think is interesting, is him putting his ego to the side and listen to me. He let me explain why he might have seen minimal success and let me show him the beast style. Thanks for teaching/coaching me up Dan and the hunting beast team!

That's great man. It's really cool to be able to share a love for deer hunting with your Dad. Congrats to both of you!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:51 am

i own a log home building and restoration business. i have a lot of experience. i often hire unskilled workers to help with the " grunt" work. i have learned a lot from them. sometimes the new guy sees things thru different eyes. that is true with hunting as well. this site is a great place for beginer thru expert to share knowledge or insite.
freezeAR
500 Club

Unread postby freezeAR » Thu May 25, 2017 2:12 am

That is a great point magic. I have similiar experience pushing ironworking and rigging crews building power plants. I have said it many times that you can't teach someone who knows everything.
As far as what the beast has taught me would have to be mainly buck bedding tendancys. I like many others have a thirst for knowledge about the animals I pursue which led me to the beast. I could never find anything but broad generalizations about buck bedding previously. I was missing the biggest piece of the puzzle. Since learning the importance of and obtaining the knowledge to find beds I have a confidence now that I didn't before the beast. I had the passion, the work ethic, the mobile hunting on public land etc... previously. My scouting has increased since I enjoy it now because I have more pieces of the puzzle. I am extremely grateful to the Infalts, the moderators and the beasts on here. I don't think it gets said enough thanks guys for making this site so good.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Thu May 25, 2017 7:51 am

This is a great thread! I love when these older threads get bumped!

I'll never forget the 1st hunting beast video I ever watched. I saw this long haired, mountain man looking guy named Dan Infalt. And thought who the heck is this guy? I ended up watching every one of his video's I could find for a couple hours straight. "This guy really knows what he's talking about"! A light bulb went on. I found this forum, and have been addicted ever since! Every member on this forum has had a hand in teaching me something about mature buck bowhunting.

I thought preparation for deer season started one month before the season. I didn't scout enough or correctly. I didn't hunt with a purpose. I've been relearning how to hunt for the last year and a half! All my future successes will be directly related to what I have learned from the HB members!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Thu May 25, 2017 11:23 pm

Looked at my original post on this thread and want to add.

Be more observant. Always ask why. Doing this will let the deer teach you how to hunt them.
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”