While prepping a tree tonight.......

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Troutking

While prepping a tree tonight.......

Unread postby Troutking » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:56 pm

While prepping a tree tonight on public ground that I scouted last week I had a shooter walk about 35 yards from my stand. Made me feel good about my area choice but a bit nervous how he moved a little farther from where i was set then expected. I probably won't hunt this area much till later Oct anyway so don't believe I can judge a stand by how one deer moved through. I'm stoked!

The less you have the more you got so don't you cry for more--Widespread Panic
Swampthing
500 Club

Re: While prepping a tree tonight.......

Unread postby Swampthing » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:04 pm

That should make hunting that stand pretty easy. Awesome.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:38 am

A visual is a great thing. Take note of all the factors that had him moving there. Wind, bedding, feeding, moon phase, water, weather fronts, etc. Your right, he may change by the start of the season, but get as much intel on this buck as possible, finally I hope you picked a different tree, closer to where you can arrow him, unless you already can shoot him from your tree. I think it would be worth an early season hunt, under similar condtions. That's cool, good luck!
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:31 am

Cool for sure.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:34 am

Black Squirrel wrote:A visual is a great thing. Take note of all the factors that had him moving there. Wind, bedding, feeding, moon phase, water, weather fronts, etc. Your right, he may change by the start of the season, but get as much intel on this buck as possible, finally I hope you picked a different tree, closer to where you can arrow him, unless you already can shoot him from your tree.[glow=red]I think it would be worth an early season hunt, under similar condtions[/glow]. That's cool, good luck!

Thats my thoughts exactly. He is there now, might not be later in the season. If conditions are right when your season starts, Id sit that stand. Do you think the buck spotted you and veered? IF thats the case, I agree I would be choosing a different tree.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
NatureBoy
500 Club

Unread postby NatureBoy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:43 am

Any encounter with nice buck is 8-)
Scout, scout, scout, hunt
wibowhntr

Unread postby wibowhntr » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:04 pm

Always good to see shooter bucks in your area!!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”