Tim (Vernon co.) lets here a bio on your hunting career

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Uncle Lou

Re: Tim (Vernon co.) lets here a bio on your hunting career

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:02 pm

I love these reads too. Take your time Tim

Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:42 am

gonna try again tonight to get this up , its gonna be pic heavy. i dont usually share pics especially trailcams but since ive been asked im going to post some,a few from each year . along with some kill pics and some mounted pics, im aiming for pry over 50 pics so we will see. oh il include my bio too :lol: dont expect it to be as good as others on here im still and always be improving my skills. with that said i gotta wait for my wife to get home tonight to do this she has been working on downloading all these pics to go with my story.....
robert richer

Unread postby robert richer » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:22 am

Tim,

I'm real interested in seeing and reading as well....we both hunt the hills of vernon county.

I got about a dozen bucks from Vernon county land, just for fun I would like to read most about our backyard, Vernon county.

:occasion-olympics:
RJR-007
mossyoak

Unread postby mossyoak » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:30 am

Awesome cant wait!
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:15 am

ok here goes, the first pic is me getting my introduction to a bow. i started gun hunting at age 12 but didnt start bow hunting till age 19. it took me till i was 19 i believe to get my first gun deer . my dad taught me to hunt but never taught me how to hunt. through trial and error i figured it out on my own. i read a lot but never took anyones word as gold. i had to try certain things and learned the hard way. lots of upset but those still seem to be some of my best memories, i believe it engrained certain things into a deers behavior. i strted killing as much as i could then progressing to better not more. it wasnt till i met dan on the oldblood brothers outdoors site(dans first site)that i realized i was doing certain things wrong but also realized i was doing many things right i just couldnt explain why. the key to my success in the bluff counttry i spend the majority of my time now is playing the wind(no surprise) and access. trail cams play a role only to let me know what is in the area, i do not use them to patttern deer. my succes rate still sucksas far as im conscerned but im improving and as i go after more maturedeer am humbled more times than not. i acquired my own piece of property in 02 and have since added water in the way of a small pond. its currently being logged again in the fall. i rarely hunt my farm in mornings anymore as it is cropland on top woods dropping down to valley without access without spooking deer. so i started acquiring access to other farms that would allow for morning hunts. at this time i have well over a dozen farms i can hunt but choose 5 or 6 and really key in on them in any one particular year. when possible i pick the owners brain for intel as to what these deer are doing or what deer are around. i take a 38 day vacation from around the 23 of oct. or so and goes till the end of gunseason. a big focus recently has been staying health as i learned the hard waty a couple years ago how a vacation can be wrecked quickly when in and out of the hospital.i work out yearly to stay in shape , climbing bluffs daily is rough with full gear and dragging bucks up bluffs is even harder.i hunt flat farmland in kenosha county also and racine county so this shakes up my season a bit. this past year i was fortunate enough to have the season of my life killing a 143 gross buck in vernon county with bow and a gross 179 in kenosha county. i have had just assuccesful years just not in the way of big bucks.i included pics of kills,mounts,trail pics, one pic of a cool shed, one pic of my dads biggest buck off our farm , and i couldnt leave out one pic of a monster yote from a few years back i was telling a few guys about. he was roaming the bluffs of vernon where i call home most of my vacation.there is a pic of a bloody shouldered buck, that buck was a big heartbreak i shot him too far forward and he haunted me in pics the rest of the season and till this day. since this is more of a bio i guess il end here and if anyone has any questions il gladly answer em, i didnt post pics in any order just thought id throw in randomly. the trailcams are some from over the years that i have been hunting or were floater bucks or just my favorites. ive been trailcamming since i believe 98 or 99'. i hope you all enjoy, sorry it took so long

tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:20 am

sorry aboutthe quality of many of the pics and sideways. it best i could do(or my wife coulddo).
robert richer

Unread postby robert richer » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:27 am

Wow!!!!

That is outstanding. Good job Tim, definately a role model.

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
RJR-007
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:43 am

Nice. there are some true slobs in those those pics! 8-)
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:28 pm

That was a display of bone. Thanks for sharing
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:32 pm

Good post Tim, tons of great pics!
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:40 pm

Great bucks! Thanks for sharing :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:51 pm

nice!
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:06 pm

Holy crap :clap:
Bigdaddy-yoyo
500 Club