Getting new clothing, what pattern? Poll

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Which pattern for stand hunting in hardwoods

Intrusion Deadfall
3%
Intrusion Treeline
No votes
Predator deception brown
30%
Predator fall gray
68%
Predator deception 3d
No votes

Total votes: 37
Matt3

Re: Getting new clothing, what pattern? Poll

Unread postby Matt3 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:32 am

I actually buy camo for two reasons. People don't see me as easily on public land. And it's generally warmer/quieter. Blue jeans and flannel just don't do it for me any more. Killed deer in them but could never stay warm enough. So figure if I'm going to buy the clothes anyway I midas well get something nice.

Not always just hiding from the deer.... Sometimes the wife wants to find you for house work.....

Matt

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Milk Weed Seed
500 Club

Unread postby Milk Weed Seed » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:16 am

Matt3 wrote:
Not always just hiding from the deer.... Sometimes the wife wants to find you for house work.....

Matt

Now that's funny!
I am really starting to like predator FG will be getting myself some soon.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
[glow=red]Happiness is only a gut pile away[/glow]
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:41 pm

Brown Deception as an all purpose. Fall Grey as a late season pattern. I find Fall Grey a little too "flashy" for the early season.
Troutking

Unread postby Troutking » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:39 pm

I am buying some more fall gray this year. Hunting out my LW climber a ton on public puts the Predator camo to work in trees with little cover.
The less you have the more you got so don't you cry for more--Widespread Panic
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:49 pm

BassBoysLLP wrote:Brown Deception as an all purpose. Fall Grey as a late season pattern. I find Fall Grey a little too "flashy" for the early season.

I think you'd be surprised at how well Fall Gray works in the early season. The light background matches up with the sky very well, even in October. Remember, with Predator you are not trying to look like something, you are trying to look like nothing. As I've mentioned before, Fall Gray will destroy the human outline at any time during season.
Matt3

Unread postby Matt3 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:59 pm

I just want to add in here that I have been talking to Jeff with gray wolf about different options, what to use for insulation etc. He has gone above and beyond what I had expected. Without me asking he said he would send a fabric sample to me in Kuwait to help me decide on pattern and material. You usually expect a reply in email to be a few lines. He has written extensive emails to me discussing the items I am looking at and making suggestions. Outstanding customer service andi have not even bought anything yet.... Take that back I ordered a turtleneck in fleece just because they dont have many left lol. He even offered to hold onto it till my order is done to save on shipping charges. I look forward to doing business with him and so far it has been top notch. When I asked him about patterns predator or intrusion he straight up told me he is partial to intrusion because he created it but has been wearing predator for 20 plus years. I love honesty from a company.

He will be getting my money now its just a matter of how much..... I want it all

Matt

tchandlr

Unread postby tchandlr » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:52 pm

ASAT accept no substitutes

Semper Fi

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”