Deer Fest

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

utica19

Deer Fest

Unread postby utica19 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:08 am

Anyone heading to Deer Fest this weekend in Oshkosh, WI ?

[ Post made via BlackBerry Curve ] Image

dreaming bucks

Re: Deer Fest

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:20 am

I possibly am, not sure yet, but I want to........... I want to listen to Jim Ward talk building buck beds, and other enhancements...
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:31 am

Went last year and didn't really care for it so I won't be going again. Too much focus on hunting "celebrities" Probably go to a 3D shoot instead.

If you do go to the show and want cheap entertainment talk to the Nose Jammer guy! :mrgreen:
[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
natvbearhntr
500 Club

Unread postby natvbearhntr » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:54 am

I wanted to check it out but it's family vacation time..
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:10 am

they dont need my money, they make enough as it is :mrgreen:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:36 am

I went last year and wasn't impressed. If your into the "industry standard" way of hunting you will love it, if not save your time and money and come on here instead, I guarantee you will learn more and not be bombarded with pixie dust!

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:10 pm

Brad Lamont wrote:I went last year and wasn't impressed. If your into the "industry standard" way of hunting you will love it, if not save your time and money and come on here instead, I guarantee you will learn more and not be bombarded with pixie dust!

Pixie dust is right! Seemed to be plenty of that there last year. I also got really frustrated at how everything was set up in the buildings. The aisle ended up in big bottlenecks and you could barely walk anywhere. Then you add autograph seekers into the mix and everything was at a standstill. I would hope they changed that layout for this years show. :roll:

BJE80

Unread postby BJE80 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:24 am

I've heard that a lot that it's more about the commerial aspect of hunting. I won't be going.
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:30 am

The one & only reason I'm going, is to listen to Jim Ward talk about building buck beds & other woods enhancements... otherwise, I don't care too much about the show.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
jlh42581
500 Club

Unread postby jlh42581 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:30 am

Dewey wrote:
Brad Lamont wrote:I went last year and wasn't impressed. If your into the "industry standard" way of hunting you will love it, if not save your time and money and come on here instead, I guarantee you will learn more and not be bombarded with pixie dust!

Pixie dust is right! Seemed to be plenty of that there last year. I also got really frustrated at how everything was set up in the buildings. The aisle ended up in big bottlenecks and you could barely walk anywhere. Then you add autograph seekers into the mix and everything was at a standstill. I would hope they changed that layout for this years show. :roll:

Sounds like Harrisburg. Ive been there three times and every time said I wont go back. This last time I actually mean it. I said "the only way I would come back here again is to get a deal on a boat"
stikman

Unread postby stikman » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:07 pm

Deer fest last year wasn't the best show I've been to. Admission wasn't terrible. I would have bought another Lone Wolf there if there had been any. Three of us searched for one but found nothing. Lot's of other vendor booths. There was an argumentative DNR survey guy I had a chat with. He wasn't much of a customer service type fellow after I asked him why there was a lack of registration stations in certain areas of the state. A lot of magic pixie dust products like everyone is saying. I'm not sure why I attend these shows anymore. Must be the pure entertainment of it.
The best shows I've been to lately are the Fleet Farm spring and fall shows held at Lambeau field in Green Bay. Free admission, free raffles, very low $$ for grilled lunch for the wife and I. The best "Show Special" prices I've seen on trail cameras, and useful equipment. Not booths full of people trying to sell you their new idea that will set your stand, shoot, gut, drag out and hang your trophy with the wiggle of your nose :mrgreen:
If we aren't supposed to eat animals why are they made of meat?

Genesis 21:20 - speaking of Abraham and Hagar's son Ishmael:
"And God was with the boy as he grew up. He lived in the wilderness and became an expert with the bow."
U.P. bownut
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. bownut » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:30 pm

Well I'll be going. I'd like to talk with Jeremy Moore about shed dog stuff, look for some boot's, and a new target. Maybe a new trail cam if I can work it right. ;)
"Freedom Isn't Free"
Lil Raxx

Unread postby Lil Raxx » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:26 am

I am going :D
wibowhunt4me

Unread postby wibowhunt4me » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:04 pm

i will be going. I want to try the 3d pop up course with my hunting buddies, we have a small wager on the side. My buddy got some boots last year and I'm in need of a new pair.
aspire to inspire before you expire
DiamondEdge

Unread postby DiamondEdge » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:57 am

stikman wrote: The best shows I've been to lately are the Fleet Farm spring and fall shows held at Lambeau field in Green Bay. Free admission, free raffles Not booths full of people trying to sell you their new idea that will set your stand, shoot, gut, drag out and hang your trophy with the wiggle of your nose :mrgreen:

I thought it was good to! :D
If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.
-Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”