Deer Fest

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

rizzo999
500 Club

Re: Deer Fest

Unread postby rizzo999 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:02 am

So, those of you who attended how was the show? I was passing thru the "valley" at that time coming back from Northern WI. Oshkosh was freakin' crazy with the EAA (large air show), construction, Deer Fest and normal Sunday evening traffic.

dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:07 am

I went, and it's like a lot of people said before, lots of vendors pushing stuff left and right, but I knew that was coming...... The only reason I really went was to listen to Jim ward talk about building buck beds and other woods enhancements.... very interesting...

Ya, we actually went to the Oshkosh airplane museum or whatever it's called..... that was pretty cool, never saw that before......... but then we heard there was a airplane crash ( little cesna ) around 4:30pm on Sat.... we had just left there about an hour before that.... I guess the 2 people were ok from the crash, but had to get checked out at hospital....
rizzo999
500 Club

Unread postby rizzo999 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:12 am

I left Appleton area around 4:40 so that traffic jam(s) must have been from that crash. I'm glad we did not leave the northwoods any earlier to go to Deer Fest then. thanks!
goldtip5575
500 Club

Unread postby goldtip5575 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:16 am

Went saturday and listened to a seminar with Pat Reeves of driven and some Dreury.They were asked how aggressive they are on setting up on bedding areas.They said alot of the leases or paid hunts didnt let them into the bedding areas.Pat Reeves did mention Andraes bump and dump and close in bed style.He said Andrae has had success with his bump and dump style but that style wasnt for him personally.
Monster Raxx
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tom.lester#!/pr ... 0779026926

Unread postby Monster Raxx » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:00 am

Deer Fest was one of our best shows. It is always fun to get to talk to a lot of other deer hunters for a few days.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”