What Should we be doing this time of year

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

PLB
500 Club

Re: What Should we be doing this time of year

Unread postby PLB » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:21 pm

RUTIN wrote:
Casper wrote:Let your cams do their work, glass fields in the evening, and practice, practice, practice with your bow.

This with a few beers thrown in the mix

:L:

Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
Z7WIBoy

Unread postby Z7WIBoy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:41 pm

That's awesome advice Dan about the acorns. Since this will change the feeding pattern come September October timeframe.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Platinum PETA Member
(People Eating Tasty Animals)
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:00 pm

Getting in shape.

I dont shine or glass much. But I will be getting a few early morning public land spots ready in the next month or so.

Shootin my bow.
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:16 am

Z7WIBoy wrote:That's awesome advice Dan about the acorns. Since this will change the feeding pattern come September October timeframe.

Its not as easy as it sounds to spot acorns on the trees... Bring bino's.
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:25 am

RUTIN wrote:
Casper wrote:Let your cams do their work, glass fields in the evening, and practice, practice, practice with your bow.

Same here but I prefer an ice cold whiskey & 7

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:27 am

Bucky wrote:
RUTIN wrote:

Same here but I prefer an ice cold whiskey & 7

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

That sounds good regardless of the season! :L:
rizzo999
500 Club

Unread postby rizzo999 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:49 am

Getting in better cardio shape.

Finally shooting my bow again. It had been a couple weeks as I am not a big fan of shooting in 95-105 degree heat. The break from shooting gave me time to attach my quiver after having my neighbor shorten the attachment bolt. I could not stand my quiver last year sticking out 2" off my bow. Now it is very tight to the bow. I am one of the few who hunts with his quiver on the bow.

I have one of 4 camera out right now. Had it out about 2 weeks now. Will check it here in another week or two. It is not located in a high deer density area so waiting a month is not going to kill me. Will put out my other 3 cameras in a couple of weeks in SW WI.

Debating about burying a kiddie pool on some property we have access. Not sure I will even be able to dig deep enough to bury it though. ground is kinda hard around here.

Tuned-up truck and replaced front brakes. Put another coat of wax on it and she is ready to roll for the season.

Purchased a Cabela's APO rainsuit this past Thursday for $50 for the jacket AND the pants. I really thought I was going to purchase a Frogg Toggs suit, but did not like them. They were too noisy with a tough outside texture.

Moveable parts were lubricated on each of my portable stands. I will never be busted AGAIN with a squeeky treestand.

Review my topo maps again to determine where I will hunt for each weather condition.

Now, just waiting for 9/15 to get here.
dv1

Unread postby dv1 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:07 am

UPbowhunter wrote:Eh Doug you want to hook up this year let me know I have kayaks and a 17' canoe. we can share filmin if you want. It would be fun early season for earnin our buck tags! Call me.

Yeah, we should try to get together for a few hunts.

The places I've been scouting I will probably never get back to. Seems like I do this every year: scout like crazy in several spots, prepare trees, then never get the time to hunt them. I just really enjoy looking over different places and seeing whats there, figuring them out and setting up a good spot, so it's all good I guess.

One day, I'll have enough time to hit all these spots...one day.
Badger
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allen.krelwitz

Unread postby Badger » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:49 am

Shooting my bow a lot.I'm as much a archery fanatic as I am bowhunting so I shoot every day
Working out staying in shape
Catfishing..I love that too
scouting some new topo's
probably more catfishing
Braddockbay

Unread postby Braddockbay » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:20 pm

I agree with everyone on this one. Fine tune the bow. Check out some new spots. Check what fruit and nut trees are beginning to produce. Hang a camera in the field to get some pics of what to look forward to on that freezing morning in November. All with a drink in hand.

I checked out a nice cattail bed spot today on pub land. When I got there I was met by the buck I thought would be there. He didn't bust untill I was about 15 yards away. It's a new spot that I overlooked in march, but noticed recently when looking at aerials, perfect mature buck bed area, almost impossible to get to, unless u have a canoe and a LW! Picked out 2 trees that should work, waiting till October.

Autumn Ninja

Unread postby Autumn Ninja » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:26 pm

Getting/staying in shape...lots of golf, lol.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”