BEAST style bed hunting

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

backstraps

BEAST style bed hunting

Unread postby backstraps » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:23 am

When hunting areas of bedding areas it seems afternoon setups are generally easier to accomplish.
What do you guys do in the am or even mid daym

Do you hunt other sources than buck beds? I mean such as travel routes from food to bed...or water/food sources?

Looking at maps of areas im familar with I dont have many options for a morning setup to intercept a buck enroute to his bed.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

ozzz

Re: BEAST style bed hunting

Unread postby ozzz » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:42 am

Special circumstances and rut phases.
If it bleeds, we can kill it . . . .
Bigdaddy-yoyo
500 Club

Unread postby Bigdaddy-yoyo » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:09 am

Watch the moon phase or if it rains hard that night. The buck will typically return later to his bed. You could be in his bed waiting. Need the right wind and entrance
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:31 pm

backstraps wrote:When hunting areas of bedding areas it seems afternoon setups are generally easier to accomplish.
What do you guys do in the am or even mid daym

Do you hunt other sources than buck beds? I mean such as travel routes from food to bed...or water/food sources?

Looking at maps of areas im familar with I dont have many options for a morning setup to intercept a buck enroute to his bed.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

All of my hunts take bedding into account in so me manner... When I do hunt near food or water, its usually also close to bedding... Mornings outside of the rut are tough. Sometimes your better off waiting for an evening ambush and not wrecking a spot by hunting an unproductive time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”