Tripod stand

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Beauford

Tripod stand

Unread postby Beauford » Fri May 14, 2010 10:09 am

I have a gift card for Cabela's wondering if anybody could give me some info using a tripod stand. I was looking at one that is 12 ft tall and 60 pounds. I have at least a half dozen spots I would like to try this during the week of gun season, but what about bow hunting. In the past I have had a hard time getting my stand in the willow trees in the marsh. Could I use this next to the cattails or in the cattails corn and even red willow brush. If the cattails are 7-8 foot tall in the start of the season I can't believe the deer would be looking up. That goes for the corn even the thick areas. I was thinking of making some kind of attachment to the end with a wheel or something to help get it out to the places I want it. Any info good or bad would help. I was just thinking about this today, maybe it would be a bad idea all together pass on some thoughts.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Tripod stand

Unread postby dan » Fri May 14, 2010 10:13 am

I think tripods are excellent for marsh hunting, but you have to take a close look at the feet before buying. There needs to be feet designed not to sink in muck or you need to make some for it... I have used step ladders effectively too.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”