What does it take to kill Big Bucks .

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Pullintoobs
500 Club

What does it take to kill Big Bucks .

Unread postby Pullintoobs » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:55 pm

Do you think that wanting to shoot big bucks so bad leads you to really over think what you need to do to get it done. I don't want this to sound like I think it is easy by any means, because for me it has not. I think in all reality, the bucks are there for us. They leave the sign we need to find and learn to interpret. I really believe that putting in the time and understanding what you are seeing when your scouting as well as hunting can lead us all to great success. There are alot of guys on this site that seem to get it done year after year. They are masters at understanding what they are seeing. I think a successful big buck hunter has to have a huge dose of discipline, in not hunting spots when conditions are right, getting out there in the off season to search for the hidden sign as well as changing up when you need to. I know I have got sloppy and lazy many times. We all can say we do this and do that, but do we? Wouldn't alot more of us have walls like Dan and Spysar and many others on here if we did? I think sometimes I start to seriously think too much into things, instead of accepting what I am seeing and accepting failure. After all failure should be our best teacher. What do you think it takes?

An unforseen future...Nestled somewhere in time
magicman54494
500 Club

Re: What does it take to kill Big Bucks .

Unread postby magicman54494 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:16 pm

I think you can just say "what does it take to ________" The answers will almost all be the same. Success comes from drive, determination, hard work, and knowledge of whatever it is your trying to do. Success really doesn't have shortcuts.
Tadmdad
500 Club

Unread postby Tadmdad » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:20 pm

Well said Magic, I agree.
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:40 pm

magicman54494 wrote:I think you can just say "what does it take to ________" The answers will almost all be the same. Success comes from drive, determination, hard work, and knowledge of whatever it is your trying to do. Success really doesn't have shortcuts.

Great post Magic!
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:58 pm

I agree.

Determination.
Dedication.
Years of experience.
How you spend those years of exxperience.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:13 am

I guess when it comes to mature bucks I would rather over think and over prepair than hit the woods and hope for the best. Before I hunt for a mature buck I want to know as much information about him and the area I am hunting as possible. That however, is the ideal situation, I think we all probably cut corners at some point, not by choice but because we have to. My time is a limiting factor so I have to work with what I have and make the best of it.
bonemonger

Unread postby bonemonger » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:21 am

what does it take to kill big bucks, a area the grows and holds big bucks. you cant kill big bucks if there arent any. there are mature deer probably everwhere there are whitetails, but big as far as antler size and mature deer are two different animals.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”