Moon phase

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Z7WIBoy

Moon phase

Unread postby Z7WIBoy » Fri May 18, 2012 9:59 am

I am sure this has been discussed before but can someone explain the moon phase tactic where he may come back early and leave bed early? Maybe give an example too. Want to make sure I get this as spy pointed out it is only 5 months away till season!!
Thanks and help is appreciated

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Platinum PETA Member
(People Eating Tasty Animals)
rizzo999
500 Club

Re: Moon phase

Unread postby rizzo999 » Sat May 19, 2012 5:09 am

Dan, where did you locate the "overhead" and "underfoot" dates that you posted in the link you attached? thanks!
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Sat May 19, 2012 5:22 am

rizzo999 wrote:Dan, where did you locate the "overhead" and "underfoot" dates that you posted in the link you attached? thanks!

I don't know where Dan got his times and dates from, but here is a link that works good for me for finding the moon transit ( moon overhead ), for your area..... When that moon transit time is within an hour or less of the SUN setting or rising, it is suppose to have the greatest affect on deer feeding or moving early in the evening or getting back to their beds later in the morning.... I hope I got that right anyway, pretty sure I did....

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneDay.php
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat May 19, 2012 5:48 am

rizzo999 wrote:Dan, where did you locate the "overhead" and "underfoot" dates that you posted in the link you attached? thanks!

Jeff Murrys moon guide...
rizzo999
500 Club

Unread postby rizzo999 » Sun May 20, 2012 4:36 am

Thanks guys, it is always interesting to test out different techniques and methodologies. I have never had luck with full moon time periods, but new moons have been very good to me :dance:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”