Do you kill a buck every year?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Re: Do you kill a buck every year?

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:51 pm

I'm not nearly good enough to kill a BIG buck every year.

If I just wanted to kill any buck it would be easy enough but I try to hold out for certain goals that change every year depending on what I am seeing or know is around.

sethg

Unread postby sethg » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:20 am

Bucky wrote:Image

Big one my son is holding is one I missed and found dead. Would have been my biggest bow kill and it haunts me some. 5 of the other 15 were off public land

that's outrageous. lol
jdeer96

Unread postby jdeer96 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:24 am

My first 5 years bow hunting... 2 yr old, 3, 3, 4, 3.. Past 2 yrs.. SKUNKED. I think there are a couple different factors that have played into this... #1 I got a little cocky and haven't hunted hard when I've needed to... #2 College/moving/ starting new job.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
kurt

Unread postby kurt » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:32 pm

I started deer hunting 1994 From 2003-07 I was wanting to kill bigger bucks and like take another step. I was killing 1.5 and a occasionally a nice buck. I just wasn't even seeing them. Then I found Dan's Dvd everything changed so much for me like night and day. So in 2008 early Oct. (not rut) I shot a beautiful 8 point in the high shoulder lost it so disappointing but my confidence was way up. I did shoot p&y black bear in 2008. In 2009 I shot a big 10 with a kicker in early season. So from 2009-present i've only not gotten a buck one year 2014. Some years i got 2. That year I didn't get one I tried to dedicated my season to specific deer and failed to see him but passed a few deer over 3.5 I messed up on one that was a no doubter even with the other buck looming in my mind.

I'll be the first to tell you I got a couple 2.5 year olds in that span but on public that was a accomplishment for me. Before Dans dvd's I thought public was waste of time and you needed cushy managed private.

A side note since I've been filling my tag I've also been able to put my brother on several good deer.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Jphunter
500 Club

Unread postby Jphunter » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:33 pm

I kill most years.. I can think of a couple years that I didn't. But I'm a little more selective on what I choose to shoot now days. I may end up eating my tag if I don't see what I'm after and I'll be ok with that.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Outdoor814
500 Club

Unread postby Outdoor814 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:55 pm

Been hinting for 13 short years and have killed 4 bucks. Only consecutive kills have been the last 2 years.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Joe™

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”