Where would you hunt this piece?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Stump

Where would you hunt this piece?

Unread postby Stump » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:24 am

I tried the best that I could to mark down the borders as I saw them. They may not transfer on par with one another, but with my 4th grade art skills....it's the best I could do. :lol: The topo is a bit rough, but close enough. Let me know what you guys think. In the yellow is private that I just acquired and bordering it within the red is state land. I have yet to walk it, so I was hoping to get some of my homework done prior to putting on the miles.

Mark up the maps as you see fit and let me know where you would hunt.

jeff Sturgis

Re: Where would you hunt this piece?

Unread postby jeff Sturgis » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:52 am

Around the bench about 1/2 way down the SE Point that faces North, closest to the east border on both west and east side depending on the wind,just below the steep portion...or towards the bottom looking up depending on evening or morning, coming off of the state land. Also on the bench SW point within the bench portion adjacent to steep terrain coming in from a north approach.

Also...really depends on where the Nov food sources are, adjacent hunting pressure, neighboring food sources, bedding areas, tresspassing concernes, dead areas of poor food or cover, etc.

Those are the spots that jump out at me off the bat anyways...
Image My NEW BOOK can be purchased at http://www.whitetailhabitatsolutions.com/?page_id=343...Please check it out and I hope that you enjoy my website too!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:07 am

RED: Potential bedding spots.
BLUE: Potential hunting spots.

Expect mature bucks to prefer to bed the points that have the wind coming from up top of the ridge blowing over the valley. Beds should be located right where the thermal air current and actual wind collide. Bucks prefer to bed on the points. I believe this is because minor wind directional changes can be adjusted for easily by moving a short distance around the tip of the point.

Stump

Unread postby Stump » Tue May 01, 2012 2:01 am

Any other thoughts? Ideas on rut....cruising buck stand spots?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”