New Whitetails, Inc. Web Show – Passing Major Bone

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

JakeJD
500 Club

Re: New Whitetails, Inc. Web Show – Passing Major Bone

Unread postby JakeJD » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:03 pm

Thanks for sharing Todd. How do you get so many pics of mature bucks without pushing the animals out of the area? Mineral / salt sites? Feed stations?

This year I am going to run a few trail cams on mineral sites early season to inventory my areas (late July / early August) and then move them to a few primary scrape areas (late August) and just leave them alone until I hunt that stand. Maybe I paralyze myself with fear, but I try not to enter the woods after July or August unless I am hunting the area. Too much???

"In the deed, the glory"
WKPTodd
Facebook: Todd Pringnitz

Unread postby WKPTodd » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:29 am

Yeah, I use minerals and also horizontal rubs, and scrape type set-up’s. In the summer my minerals are no-where near my hunting areas, and the deer don’t mind field edge intrusion I don’t think. Also, throughout the year, I actually use my activity on the field edges to try and manipulate deer movement. If all the regular human scent and activity is out on the fields, they are more likely to survive when all the other hunters move into the area to hunt. 90% of them stick to field edges, and I stick to bedding and/or transitional areas 90% of the time.

In-regard to the question about Ozonics, yeah; we started running 3 machines this year. With 3, you can have 2 in the normal wind direction, and I have a second unit within easy reach to be able to actually move with any deer that are in close to us. Basically it allows you to literally move the unit along with the animal (especially old does), and if the wind changes, you always have ozone between yourself and that animal. Have been doing this for the better part of the past season, and it’s the last piece of the puzzle for us.
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:18 am

Awesome episode Todd!! Or should I say another frickin awesome show man!! LOL!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”