My home county is absolutely terrible

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Black Squirrel
500 Club

Re: My home county is absolutely terrible

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:09 am

headgear wrote:Not sure when all of your rifle seasons open up but the MN rifle season opens the Saturday closest to Nov 6th. Southern 2/3rds of the state is 9 days, northern 1/3 is 16 days. It completely destroys our rut and a great majority of the young bucks. It just plain sucks. :cry:

I agree, I don't hunt MN, but I hunt Western WI, and would think there is no reason that they couldn't grow some big bucks in Eastern MN. That gun season during the rut, really has to be hammering the bucks.

Southern Man
500 Club

Re: My home county is absolutely terrible

Unread postby Southern Man » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:21 am

headgear wrote:Not sure when all of your rifle seasons open up but the MN rifle season opens the Saturday closest to Nov 6th. Southern 2/3rds of the state is 9 days, northern 1/3 is 16 days. It completely destroys our rut and a great majority of the young bucks. It just plain sucks. :cry:

Our rifle season has always started the second Saturday in November. We wouldn't know what to do if it was otherwise. :mrgreen:
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”