asat vs predator

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

huntinfool14
500 Club

Re: asat vs predator

Unread postby huntinfool14 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:39 am

cant go wrong with predator...i have both fall grey and brown decpetion...either one is good..but the fleece is hands down my favorite clothing to wear! warm and extremely quiet!

cornfedkiller
500 Club

Unread postby cornfedkiller » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:29 am

Im an ASAT fan. I have their Elite Ultimate stuff and its pretty nice stuff. It was a little loud at first, but I have heard from others that after it gets broke in, its silent. Its also very warm - Like the pants are warmer than any of my insulated bibs. I need a pair of their essential pants, which are an uninsulated pant.

Their gear has changed a ton during the past years - since they started producing their own clothing. Right away, they had a ton of problems - cheap fleece, fading, junky zippers, etc, but each year, they seem to fix the problems from the previous year. I can say that I am pretty happy with the stuff I have.

Also, I have heard nothing but good things about their customer service, so it must've gotten a little better since Southern Man tried getting help from them..
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:15 am

cornfedkiller wrote:
Their gear has changed a ton during the past years - since they started producing their own clothing. Right away, they had a ton of problems - cheap fleece, fading, junky zippers, etc, but each year, they seem to fix the problems from the previous year. I can say that I am pretty happy with the stuff I have.

Also, I have heard nothing but good things about their customer service, so it must've gotten a little better since Southern Man tried getting help from them..

I sure hope so. It couldn't have gotten much worse. But that was 2 years ago. I may have to give them a another try. I like how the pattern blends into our woods here.

Glad you had good luck with them.
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
gjs4
500 Club

Unread postby gjs4 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:44 pm

First off- owned ASAT Elite and it is junk! piles, zippers breaks and the quality is garbage.

If you want quality- ASAT is not it, and predator is only a bit better. The pred fleece is good bang for your buck though.

Predator has a bunch of different patterns. both break up the human outline. You should shoot to color blend a bit form there. Dark camo silohetted is not good and the opposite true. ASAT is the best ground camo, however, most of the predators look better in limited tree scenarios at height. Fall brown is a good all around pick...BUT theyre apples and oranges..I own both.

SO now that youre confused on the patterns- know there are more, sticks and limbs, treeline, skyline, and a handful more...know that day one is good place to buy it and gray wolf is the best place to get quality stuff..

These are facts from a camo addict mind you
Green and growing... Or red and rotting
Troutking

Unread postby Troutking » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:48 pm

Both look good but I prefer fall gray. Also, my ASAT pants snap style tend to unbotton even with a belt on. They fit fine but I am disappointed everytime i wear them. My Predator Fall gray stuff is high quality and works great. Some of the best bdu style pants I have purchased are my Mathews Lost. Not wild about the pattern but they wear well. Seen a ton of days in the field and keep cranking.
The less you have the more you got so don't you cry for more--Widespread Panic
cornfedkiller
500 Club

Unread postby cornfedkiller » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:46 pm

gjs4 wrote:First off- owned ASAT Elite and it is junk! piles, zippers breaks and the quality is garbage

Just out of curiosity, how old was the ASAT gear you owned? Like how many years ago?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Scot
500 Club

Unread postby Scot » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:51 pm

From a quality point of view Grey Wolf Woolens has Predator patterns in Wolfskin and Wool and you will be hard pressed to find a garment that is better made. Day One camo has ASAT in fleece that is quality as well as other materials I believe.
Also worth considering is Enigma camo. A sponsor here and a very well made and affordable option.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”