Aerial...have some fun with suggestions

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

phade
500 Club

Aerial...have some fun with suggestions

Unread postby phade » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:53 am

Scope: Able to scout this tomorrow for about 1-2 hours and that will be it until I hunt it again during the first two weeks in November. I'll only be able to access this for 3-4 days - IT IS OUT OF STATE - but it will be exclusive to me and my partner for use then and nobody else will be bowhunting on it through the bow season.

Open for any and all suggestions...bedding, funnels, stand sites, etc. No other info is available...no idea on crops although it is likely beans and corn on rotation.

http://www.pursuitoutdoors.com
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Aerial...have some fun with suggestions

Unread postby dan » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:06 am

Got a topo?
virginiashadow
500 Club

Unread postby virginiashadow » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:18 am

How many other people hunt the property? What time of year will you be hunting it?
ah110

Unread postby ah110 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:44 am

should be able to scout it fully in a hour or less.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:18 am

If that's a river I see, think of using it to access your stands. River crossings during the rut are a good bet.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
G3s
500 Club

Unread postby G3s » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:07 pm

I am assuming inside the red outline is the ground you can hunt...lots of likely spots...if it were me I would start at the north end of the blue/green pond across from the house...looks lie a nice ditch runs north from the pond. You are more than likely to find some serious travel corridors there IMO
virginiashadow
500 Club

Unread postby virginiashadow » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Just some thoughs without a topo.....

phade
500 Club

Unread postby phade » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:25 pm

Back from the trip and can report on it.

It's going to be a really nice place to spend a few days hunting in the first week or two of November. VirginiaShadow...the two western most spots were close to two of the three best locations I found. The woods between the two pond are a good funnel from the north leading down into the CRP field. Seems like the deer work through the corn fields in the north and come south in the afternoons based on some observations from the owner.

The SE spot was also a good location...another small CRP fieldon the border to the east...which borders the river. More than likely going to have permission from that landowner as well.

The western wood lot had a large amount of sign despite being open woods. I think that was because of the bordering field being in beans this past year, which will be in corn. They were hanging about staging to some degree, coming in from the CRP.

Most of the rubs I noticed were in the small crp north of the western-most pond. Again...I think the crop rotations came into play.
http://www.pursuitoutdoors.com
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing
virginiashadow
500 Club

Unread postby virginiashadow » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:50 pm

Great phade. If you get a chance take a few pics while you are there in the fall so we can see the place. It looks beautiful and I hope you knock down a deer or two.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”