Question for muddy

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Hunter74

Question for muddy

Unread postby Hunter74 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:50 pm

Hey muddy I was on archery talk and in one of the threads someone mentioned something about muddy making collars for the end of easton axis arrows... Is that you? And if it is could you give me some info because I'm wanting something like that for mine?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

muddy

Re: Question for muddy

Unread postby muddy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:23 am

Not me

http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Hunter74

Unread postby Hunter74 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:02 am

Aright... Thanks anyway muddy

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:32 am

They are taking some aluminum arrows and cutting a small piece off with an arrow saw. They then epoxy that on the end of the arrow making it very strong with the insert inside the arrow. It does make the end of the arrow larger. So if you have a foam target for practice i think it would make it very hard to pull arrows. I have an arrow saw but no aluminum arrows or I would cut you some.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Hunter74

Unread postby Hunter74 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:31 am

Thanks for the offer Stanley... I'm not positive just yet if that's the rout I wanna go... It's a good idea and the arrows being hard to pull isn't a big deal, my real concern would be how to make it work on my arrow squaring tool

Zap

Unread postby Zap » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:35 am

Do you own the treestand company, Muddy?
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Stanley
Honorary Moderator

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:42 am

Hunter74 wrote:Thanks for the offer Stanley... I'm not positive just yet if that's the rout I wanna go... It's a good idea and the arrows being hard to pull isn't a big deal, my real concern would be how to make it work on my arrow squaring tool

The axis arrows use a stone to square up the ends. I think the stone would square up the aluminum epoxied on the end as well.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:47 am

Stanley wrote:
Hunter74 wrote:Thanks for the offer Stanley... I'm not positive just yet if that's the rout I wanna go... It's a good idea and the arrows being hard to pull isn't a big deal, my real concern would be how to make it work on my arrow squaring tool

The axis arrows use a stone to square up the ends. I think the stone would square up the aluminum epoxied on the end as well.

Correct, when I got a set of axis arrows it came with the stone disk, I think the G5 asd works better though although its cool it was included in the price of the arrows, the g5 tool wasn't cheap. Does anyone do this on full metal jacket arrows? I had a set of 6 of them and am debating on going back to them and footing them for added strength. I have got to the point I don't worry about speed, I want accuracy and penetration and will make any sacrifice to achieve both, although I have never not had a pass through yet with my current set-up, so I may be splitting hairs.
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:12 am

I agree the G5 tool works very well, thats what we use in our shop. Nightwishmike has some experience with collars and strengthening the front of his arrows, I know he was impressed..he did it on his traditional set-up, maybe he'll chime in
When better is possible, good is never good enough
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:10 am

Zap wrote:Do you own the treestand company, Muddy?

Nope. If I did would I openly admit to using/preferring Lone Wolf stands and sticks every opportunity I got on this site!?!? LOL! ! :-)

I've had the nickname muddy since 7th grade. When muddy Inc came along I went to their Booth at the deer classic and told them This. They wouldn't give me royalties! ;-)

http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Stanley
Honorary Moderator

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:30 pm

muddy wrote:
Zap wrote:Do you own the treestand company, Muddy?

Nope. If I did would I openly admit to using/preferring Lone Wolf stands and sticks every opportunity I got on this site!?!? LOL! ! :-)

I've had the nickname muddy since 7th grade. When muddy Inc came along I went to their Booth at the deer classic and told them This. They wouldn't give me royalties! ;-)

Those bums. ;)
Hunter74

Unread postby Hunter74 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:33 pm

Yes the axis arrows come with a stone but you would have a tough time squaring the end with it... It's more for honeing the end so heads would fit inside the shaft... I use the G5 tool too and it works very well... I wouldn't be able to get my broad heads to tune the way I do without it... And that's the draw back to footing the arrows like they show... I'd have to modify the tool to work with the larger end and I'm not sure how to do that with keeping everything square

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”