shining deer

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

MattyG

shining deer

Unread postby MattyG » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:09 pm

whats everyone take on shining deer whare you hunt. I know you can gather tons of info on when and whare the bucks are. but when is to much shining..........to much. if you go shine dont you ever worry it could hurt you more then it could help. or do you only shine once and a while?

BigHunt

Re: shining deer

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:19 pm

MattyG wrote:whats everyone take on shining deer whare you hunt. I know you can gather tons of info on when and whare the bucks are. but when is to much shining..........to much. if you go shine dont you ever worry it could hurt you more then it could help. or do you only shine once and a while?

im shinning all the time .....its the only way to keep track of a certain buck(s) IMO.....i shine alot from july to opener pertty much 5 days out of a week.....and during the summer im shinning all night on the weekends from sundown to sun down ... but i pace it out ill go just after dark check my areas, then ill go and hour or two later , all night like that ......ive have filmed a lot of huge bucks on my old mini dvd camera.....ive got 9 tapes of shining footage. ive also this year got a couple nice bucks on footage with my digital...

i dont worry about hurting the spot, after all its just a light and they see them all night on the roads.....half the time they dont even know what the heck's going on :lol: i love shinning and will do so to help me figure out bucks in the areas that i hunt.....another good scouting tactic ...
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BCam

Re: shining deer

Unread postby BCam » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:05 pm

I shine a lot from summer through october ( can't shine here during november). I don't shine every night but i have noticed if you are shining from the road they will tolerate it more than if you are going off road. With that being said, everybody and their brother hunts around here so if a person gets carried away it will tip other people off and things can go south really quick.

It's a good time in my book regardless and the family doesn't mind either so sometimes we'll just take off and won't even shine a light on property i hunt just to see what's out there.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”