Dans lost deer and bedding

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

PredatorTC
500 Club

Dans lost deer and bedding

Unread postby PredatorTC » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:42 pm

Dan. When I watched episode three, I noticed that the buck was bedded on the edge of some thick stuff but just inside of the cattails but not in the thick brush. Do you see this a lot where they bed on the edge of thick brush and cattails and not in the thick brush?

I scouted a spot very similar to where you shot yours this year. I dont have any questions about the spot I scouted but I just wanted to talk about what I saw and see if it would spark any ideas. The fields where I often saw good bucks shinning are in the direction to the bottom of the picture. There is also a field on the left side of the photo. And woods with acorns in the right side of the photo. It looked like a lot of humans just went straight to the tall tamaracs which are circled in yellow. It seemed like all of the deer sign was in the area that was just thick brush circled in black. I had a hard time figuring what was a bed and what was not but they seemed to be bedding in the thick area i circled in black and not on the edges like dans deer. I plan on setting up where i have the red dot because I can catch two good trails comming out of the brush. Im sitting in the only huntable tree that I can get a stand in and it did kinda look like a buck was bedding there in the early season. THis is by far not my best work but something im going to try next year.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Dans lost deer and bedding

Unread postby dan » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:03 pm

I guess its really dependant on the situation... But most of the time I find bucks bedding near the edge, if not on it. I think you really need to pound that ground now and figure it out for next season. If you don't know for sure where there bedding the hunt might be over before it even starts if he is bedding where he can see, smell, or hear you approach your stand.
PredatorTC
500 Club

Re: Dans lost deer and bedding

Unread postby PredatorTC » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:42 am

Will do, I will have to wait for more snow to melt and see if it makes the sign readable

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”