Trail camera batteries?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Re: Trail camera batteries?

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:31 am

I use Rayovac, but Lithium Ion Energizers are best IMO. I don't care for NiMH batteries because they self drain so they don't last for long periods of time even when not in use.

BTW Chasing Game is a great website that I think anybody interested in commercial trail cams should check out. Their testing and impartial reviews can really help you decide what to buy. If you have any questions they also have a good forum where you can get the answers you need.

You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:04 am

Ultimate Lithium and or rechargeable's.
Chasman

Unread postby Chasman » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:59 am

Most may already know about these but I use the smaller sealed 12V batteries. I got them for 35 bucks with case. Now there a little more but they last for almost a month. If your setting out a lot of cameras, or going long distances I can see how the extra stuff would be a problem. I like the fact that I know camera is working rather than dead. Plus I won't go in and look for weeks at a time.
jlh42581
500 Club

Unread postby jlh42581 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:34 am

Chasman wrote:Most may already know about these but I use the smaller sealed 12V batteries. I got them for 35 bucks with case. Now there a little more but they last for almost a month. If your setting out a lot of cameras, or going long distances I can see how the extra stuff would be a problem. I like the fact that I know camera is working rather than dead. Plus I won't go in and look for weeks at a time.

a month? im getting a year out of 8 lithiums. i pulled a cam last week that had nothing but video on it, still showed full charge.
Monster Raxx
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tom.lester#!/pr ... 0779026926

Unread postby Monster Raxx » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:07 pm

I usually buy Duracell batteries. Most of my cameras are DLC Covert. I havent found a need for lithium batteries with them.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”