Whats the %?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Uncle Lou

Re: Whats the %?

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:13 am

Zap wrote:
They have no idea.
There is not system set up to report a kill.

Thats a discrace IMO.

The 2012 Deer Almanac reports that Kansas does post season surveys for kill numbers. Some rip on Michigan's harvest data, as we don't call or register every deer. But they have surveys and check stations. It seems like I get a survey every year.

I think it was 09 where we had approximately 300,000 archery hunters, who took 117,000 deer I believe there was ~60,000 bucks. That is near 20% success on bucks. I have some rounding and guessing in there, but I am close. I have seen these numbers many times, and I just had my nose in the 2012 Deer almanac again.

Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Buckfever
500 Club

Unread postby Buckfever » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:08 pm

At one of the parks here 380 archery permits were issued and 23 antlered deer were taken, there were BB taken of course, but I didn't count those. 6-7% is typical for this park.
Autumn Ninja

Unread postby Autumn Ninja » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:39 pm

State wide last year, about 8% connected on bucks. The public land I love to hunt had less than a 1% success rate....1 out of every 114 bow hunters killed a buck last year. Last year was better than usual, lol.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”