The Benoits

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Brad

The Benoits

Unread postby Brad » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:00 pm

I was talking to Todd yesterday and these guys came up in a conversation. I have briefly heard about them in the past (I know they all like pump remington's), but can anyone shed some more light on them and their methods, and are their books and video's worth getting to add to my tactical library? I heard their best book is " How to kill the biggest buck of you're life".

GRFox
500 Club

Re: The Benoits

Unread postby GRFox » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:08 pm

How to kill the biggest buck of your life has been oit of print or close to 20 years. I was lucky to obtain a copy a few years ago.

I would say Big Bucks the Benoit way is the best book. I have every single one of them. They are IMO the best deer hunting books ever written. The guys were straight up breed to hunt big woods bucks. They are masters of tracking and deer behavior in general.

Can't say enough about they're books. The exact tactics (tracking) may not apply to you or your area but everyone can learn something from them.

I have met them several times. They are great guys. Very down to earth hard working dudes.

Buy the book you wont be disappointed.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:30 pm

GRFox wrote:How to kill the biggest buck of your life has been oit of print or close to 20 years. I was lucky to obtain a copy a few years ago.

I would say Big Bucks the Benoit way is the best book. I have every single one of them. They are IMO the best deer hunting books ever written. The guys were straight up breed to hunt big woods bucks. They are masters of tracking and deer behavior in general.

Can't say enough about they're books. The exact tactics (tracking) may not apply to you or your area but everyone can learn something from them.

I have met them several times. They are great guys. Very down to earth hard working dudes.

Good advice X2
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:33 pm

here's the book I was telling you about:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/ ... &x=11&y=25

The benoits have a web site as well - google benoit brothers
Tadmdad
500 Club

Unread postby Tadmdad » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:19 pm

Edcyclopedia wrote:
GRFox wrote:How to kill the biggest buck of your life has been oit of print or close to 20 years. I was lucky to obtain a copy a few years ago.

Good advice X2

I agree...good advice X3

Ed...you probably bump into the Benoits where you live at some of their seminars. I've bumped into them a couple of times up in NWO unit 6, they seem to spend a bunch of time up there. Think they were surprised that somebody else was that deep in the woods up there, pretty desolate country.
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:47 am

I just picked up Big Bucks the Benoit way last Friday! I got the book hoping I could learn a few things about tracking deer and apply those tips to my hunting areas.
Haus86

Unread postby Haus86 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:27 am

I have one of their books and a couple of their videos. I think you guys would also enjoy their videos. They are pretty entertaining.
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:47 am

Here's a pic of me and Shane and Lane Benoit.

And here's my knife made by Larry Benoit.

And here's my original printing and signed "To Eric, The Best of luck, go get a big one From Larry Benoit", How To Bag The Biggest Buck Of Your Life.

A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:00 am

Cool spy! :dance:
Tadmdad
500 Club

Unread postby Tadmdad » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:47 pm

Very nice Spy......that whole group are just good people. Would like to spend a season with them up in NWO, a bunch of knowledge.
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:54 pm

Spysar....cool info you have there. That book is worth "big bucks"...... :lol: pun intended.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”