Lifetime licenses?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Indianahunter
500 Club

Lifetime licenses?

Unread postby Indianahunter » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:03 pm

They are no longer available in Indiana since 2005, but quite a few years ago I bought a lifetime hunting and fishing license for the state of Indiana which is literally good until the day I die for all legal game anywhere in the state excluding only migratory birds, as they require a federal game stamp. I just have to handwrite a tag for the deer I take and turn it in when I go to the mandatory check in. Do any other states offer lifetime licenses and if so, are they available to non-residents?

God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Re: Lifetime licenses?

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:40 am

Wisconsin doesn't as far as I know. They do offer reduce price to youth and seniors. How much did it cost you? It seems to be a good idea, but I doubt our DNR would go for it, they would probably lose too much money.
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:37 am

The DNR here was losing money that is why they stopped sales and went for discounted rates for seniors and youth as well. The introduction price in 1983 was $300 which I was a kid and it might as well been a million dollars, but really wish I could have gotten in on it then. I paid $1,250.00 for mine in 2004. It was $950.00 for hunting alone or the full price for hunting and fishing. The fishing part at the rates at the time would have taken 27 years to pay for itself. but the money I was spending in a hunting license and all the tags it will have paid for the entire license by the end of next season. I figured a 7 year pay off, so it was worth the investment, convincing my wife was the hard part..
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:31 pm

Well, I guess this means no one else has this. I did a little looking myself, with no luck. I thought I might like to expand my horizons someday and thought it might be cheaper to go that route in the long run if available. Is it just me or do most DNR websites have the worst format and hardest to navigate sites around?
mossyoak

Unread postby mossyoak » Wed May 05, 2010 3:51 pm

Indianahunter wrote:Well, I guess this means no one else has this. I did a little looking myself, with no luck. I thought I might like to expand my horizons someday and thought it might be cheaper to go that route in the long run if available. Is it just me or do most DNR websites have the worst format and hardest to navigate sites around?

X2
Alex

Unread postby Alex » Sun May 09, 2010 1:27 pm

In NY you can by life time license. I bot one last season before price went up. Hunting, fishing,cost me 960. Now price went up 1360

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”