Knowing when an area is HOT, knowing when it's not.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Knowing when an area is HOT, knowing when it's not.

Unread postby dan » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:43 pm

jlh42581 wrote:
dan wrote:Me and Andrae spent close to two decades working together at the midwest deer shows selling L/W Treestands... Guys would always come over and ask questions or tell hunting storys. We used to hear guys say a lot that they would see a big buck use a certain trail that was out of range of there stand for several days straight without ever coming close enough for a shot.... Andrae would always look at them like there crazy and say why didn't you move!? You need to hunt the hot action when its hot... He was never a believer in sitting back waiting for the buck to come to him. Bucks patterns can change fast. You need to hunt the active (hot) sign when its active (hot) I think thats pretty much what he was alluding to.

what are the odds of getting him to join this site?

A while back he was considering coming on the forum once a week doing an "ask Andrae" thread once the season ended... Not sure if he is still considering it, but I will ask... He ain't much for computers, and if he does do it, he will be picking questions based on which ones he wants to answer, he won't have time to answer them all...
I need to get down by his place for a weekend... He keeps inviting me and Carol down for a get away, and I need to interview him for some up coming shows. I will try and get him an account set up on the site and show him how the forum works... Like I said, he ain't real up on computers...

RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Re: Knowing when an area is HOT, knowing when it's not.

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:54 pm

dan wrote:
jlh42581 wrote:
dan wrote:Me and Andrae spent close to two decades working together at the midwest deer shows selling L/W Treestands... Guys would always come over and ask questions or tell hunting storys. We used to hear guys say a lot that they would see a big buck use a certain trail that was out of range of there stand for several days straight without ever coming close enough for a shot.... Andrae would always look at them like there crazy and say why didn't you move!? You need to hunt the hot action when its hot... He was never a believer in sitting back waiting for the buck to come to him. Bucks patterns can change fast. You need to hunt the active (hot) sign when its active (hot) I think thats pretty much what he was alluding to.

what are the odds of getting him to join this site?

A while back he was considering coming on the forum once a week doing an "ask Andrae" thread once the season ended... Not sure if he is still considering it, but I will ask... He ain't much for computers, and if he does do it, he will be picking questions based on which ones he wants to answer, he won't have time to answer them all...
I need to get down by his place for a weekend... He keeps inviting me and Carol down for a get away, and I need to interview him for some up coming shows. I will try and get him an account set up on the site and show him how the forum works... Like I said, he ain't real up on computers...

thats an awesome idea....I would love to hear anything he has to say about hunting big bucks, hope he considers. twist his arm really hard for us!
When better is possible, good is never good enough

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”