Hunted buck bed tonight in Metro unit

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigHunt

Hunted buck bed tonight in Metro unit

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:11 pm

hunted buck bedding area that i found early this December tonight in the metro unit open till the 31st......its a cattail marsh with islands in it .....according to my GPS i walked 2.4 miles in to the spot :shock: I left at 1130 got in stand at 100...i saw 8 does :) and a buck with no horns :( :( :( ....i saw the does at last light, they came from behind me ....it was to dark to shoot :cry: the wind was out of the sse tonight. i was sitting where the wind was just off to the side of his bed ;) .......i saw the buck at like 230, 3 o clock. the buck came out of the cattails with the wind to his face at 25 yards......he milled around for a wile then moved on , he came back to the bedding area shortly after and then moved out again.. :roll: talk about a tease.....he had some good bases on him i could see that for sure from the stand :( i wish this was September :lol: :cry: , big body too ...im thinking a three or four year old this year ..........

a good sit and a lesson learned

o ya another thing i heard was, the buck grunting......very weird...has anyone ever herd this this time of year??

This is a shot from the stand looking around by the bedding area
[bbvideo=425,350]http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h362/twlonewolf/?action=view&current=RSBY0003.mp4[/bbvideo]

here is the buck, i was sitting there looking down one trail anticipating him ....and here he comes down the other trail i followed out of his bed when i scouted it ....lesson learned note: look down all trails for buck duhh :doh: :lol:
[bbvideo=425,350]http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h362/twlonewolf/?action=view&current=RSBY0004-2.mp4[/bbvideo]
here he is after going back in the bedding and coming back out ....walking away from me......
[bbvideo=425,350]http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h362/twlonewolf/?action=view&current=RSBY0005.mp4[/bbvideo]

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Zap

Re: Hunted buck bed tonight in Metro unit

Unread postby Zap » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:22 pm

8-)
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:35 pm

Glad to see you got out there and gave it a shot! 8-) Looks like your scouting payed off!

You still have 9 days to go. Time to get aggressive if you didn't ruin the spot or spook the buck.

I didn't quite understand? :? You said the buck had shed but later said he had big bases. Are you talking about the same buck or a different one? Or are you guessing this just by looking at the bases where the antlers shed off on the skull?
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Looks like you almost got it done. Good job on the hunt.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:04 pm

Dewey wrote:Glad to see you got out there and gave it a shot! 8-) Looks like your scouting payed off!

You still have 9 days to go. Time to get aggressive if you didn't ruin the spot or spook the buck.

I didn't quite understand? :? You said the buck had shed but later said he had big bases. Are you talking about the same buck or a different one? Or are you guessing this just by looking at the bases where the antlers shed off on the skull?

ya i meant where his antlers were ...i could see large white circles on his head ....were his bases were
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Haus86

Unread postby Haus86 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:16 am

That sounds like a successful hunt to me. He will be even bigger next year. Good luck!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
addisonlee

Unread postby addisonlee » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:02 am

Nice. Keep it up BH.
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:34 am

Awesome. It looks like you should havea good idea about where to find his sheds
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:15 pm

matt1336 wrote:Awesome. It looks like you should havea good idea about where to find his sheds

ya ...but who knows where he dropped them . i hope there laying in his bed .. :pray: but they could be a mile or two away for all i know :? but you can bet ill be looking for them ;) this is a good spot ...i cant wait till next september :twisted:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
straitnarrow

Unread postby straitnarrow » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:03 pm

Great job BH! Thats success alone just in the video.
Bobby G
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:46 am

Sweet 8-)

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”