How many bucks have you seen chasing one doe?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

JRM6868
The Terminator

Re: How many bucks have you seen chasing one doe?

Unread postby JRM6868 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:12 am

Spysar wrote:
I think this happens when the first doe comes in. One doe has the power to round up every buck in the area.

I usually see at least one massive multiple buck chase a year, maybe two.

How many bucks have you seen in a one day sit??? The most I've seen sitting all day is seventeen different bucks.

I agree I think it's when those first doe or two come in and those bucks are ready to bust. Once you see it happening it is truely an amazing sight especially when they are zig zagging back and forth where you can watch alot of it. I hope every hunter gets to experience one of those. The most bucks I've seen in one day is 13.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:16 am

4 bucks chasing 1 doe, November 14th 2010.

No shooters.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:46 am

4 on her tail but another 4 or five before too long. was a crazy morning. i was so shook up that dayt i missed what was a 140inch 8pt. a 12 point that woulda been pushing 160 and ended up killing a busted up what shoulda been 10 pt. it seemed like they just kept coming through. i wish it was like that more often. this year on oct. 28th the morning i ended up finding my 11 pointer in vernon i was all pumped up so i tag the deer go back to my car and start making phone calls, im on the phone with my cousin and see something in my sideview mirror , it was a doe running across the gravel road followed by a booner with megalong tine :shock: i jump out of the car to get a good look and hes dogging her andsnorting at her then another 8 pointer jumps out of the woods and locks eyes with me in a stare down followed by anotherbuck that didnt come out of the wood line. so the 8 pt. runs back in the woods . i get in my car and a minute later the 8 pointer starts crossing the gravel road again. that booner ran right down through where i killed my 11 point. ill be bacvk next year, that stand was hot this year
JRM6868
The Terminator

Unread postby JRM6868 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:06 am

tim wrote:4 on her tail but another 4 or five before too long. was a crazy morning. i was so shook up that dayt i missed what was a 140inch 8pt. a 12 point that woulda been pushing 160 and ended up killing a busted up what shoulda been 10 pt. it seemed like they just kept coming through. i wish it was like that more often. this year on oct. 28th the morning i ended up finding my 11 pointer in vernon i was all pumped up so i tag the deer go back to my car and start making phone calls, im on the phone with my cousin and see something in my sideview mirror , it was a doe running across the gravel road followed by a booner with megalong tine :shock: i jump out of the car to get a good look and hes dogging her andsnorting at her then another 8 pointer jumps out of the woods and locks eyes with me in a stare down followed by anotherbuck that didnt come out of the wood line. so the 8 pt. runs back in the woods . i get in my car and a minute later the 8 pointer starts crossing the gravel road again. that booner ran right down through where i killed my 11 point. ill be bacvk next year, that stand was hot this year

Those are great days to be in stand. Thing is the one hot doe might be two ridges over next year and you miss everything. If every hunter could witness this in their life at least once they would realize a natural high that nature can give.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”