Ever just sit in the stand and think I'm one lucky person.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tgreeno
500 Club

Re: Ever just sit in the stand and think I'm one lucky person.

Unread postby tgreeno » Tue May 15, 2018 3:22 pm

Living the outdoor life, and being in the woods every day I possibly can, is a great thing! I couldn't imagine anything else.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
docwaters

Unread postby docwaters » Wed May 16, 2018 12:25 am

The older I get, 59 now, the more I cherish time in Nature.

Sometimes, it's the only thing that makes sense.

RIP Stan
Dave.Bechtel

Unread postby Dave.Bechtel » Wed May 16, 2018 2:49 am

Every time I'm in the tree is a great day!
Chase Nation | Reality Hunting TV
Ashreve93

Unread postby Ashreve93 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:34 am

Every time I make it out, except those 10 degree days, then i ask why I'm so addicted to hunting. :lol:

One of my favorite feelings is always the first sit. Knowing it's been months since I've been in a tree, going through the effort of being as quiet as humanly possible, and going through all of this effort to sit down in complete silence. It's almost like a switch, I nock an arrow, hang my bow, turn around and sit, then BAM! Pure happiness hits me 10 times more than the 5 seconds prior.
It's not the destination, it's the journey getting there!
beartruth2

Unread postby beartruth2 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:17 am

always
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed May 16, 2018 4:22 am

18 feet closer to God...
Josh_S
500 Club

Unread postby Josh_S » Wed May 16, 2018 7:53 am

It's one of the few things left in this world that is not artificial
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Wed May 16, 2018 10:50 am

My woods time is more ne its all i have really myself wether scouting hunting or whatever. Its mine and i really dont wanna be here without it. It might sound a little selfish but its how i deal with me. Its my therapy from this fast paced everything needs to be done right now or yesterday world. Its like i said how i deal with me
I feel confident and like another person when im in the woods someone i can manage and deal with
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Wed May 16, 2018 3:25 pm

Pretty much the luckiest people out there. People who don’t bow hunt just have NO idea what they are missing out on. I honestly feel sorry for people that don’t get to experience real nature (not the neighborhood park).
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Wed May 16, 2018 4:54 pm

Chuck B wrote:Pretty much the luckiest people out there. People who don’t bow hunt just have NO idea what they are missing out on. I honestly feel sorry for people that don’t get to experience real nature (not the neighborhood park).

This. I have said this many times.

I’ve talked to guys who mention hunting and enjoying nature, but they don’t bowhunt. Chuck is right they’re missing out. You don’t get to see nature by walking through the trees and stopping to look around. Sure you see a few animals and the natural beauty of the landscape around you.

You see nature when you sit motionless in those trees and melt into your surroundings. To me, THAT is when you get to see nature... when nature itself doesn’t know you’re there...

This thread was timed perfectly for me. I’ve hardly been in the woods at all this year and I was starting to get frustrated. Then I read about someone being thankful for clean drinking water. So true.

Oddly I think I actually have time to hit the woods tomorrow. I’ll be thinking of this thread when I’m out there covered in sweat and ticks ;)
Dpierce72
500 Club

Unread postby Dpierce72 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:40 am

I'm certainly luckier than I deserve. The woods are where I am truly alive and it's hard to explain to those who don't know.
"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person." ~Fred Bear
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu May 17, 2018 2:42 am

I savor every single moment while on stand. You never know when your last hunt will be so enjoy every one to it's fullest. I'm betting Stanley was pretty darn content on his last hunt especially since it ended with a great buck down. Can't think of a better ending to that story. 8-)
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu May 17, 2018 2:56 am

Chuck B wrote:Pretty much the luckiest people out there. People who don’t bow hunt just have NO idea what they are missing out on. I honestly feel sorry for people that don’t get to experience real nature (not the neighborhood park).

Exactly. Some people just don't get it and never will. If you have to explain it they would never understand. Always get a laugh when I'm talking about one of my hunts and someone chimes in about how they saw a deer cross the road while they are driving or the big buck they saw going past the local game farm. Sorry not the same experience. When your on stand and everything settles down you become part of nature around you. No better feeling when everything comes alive and you are no longer just a visitor but actually part of your surroundings. Nothing beats getting into that zone and figuring out you are right where you belong and there is no place you would rather be at that moment. I find myself just being in awe of my surroundings all the time. Wish I could bottle that up and share it with those that cannot do it anymore. It's a powerful thing that cleanses the soul. Fred Bear was right on with that quote.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”