trail cam pics from dlc covert edge 8.1

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

rack addict
500 Club

Re: trail cam pics from dlc covert edge 8.1

Unread postby rack addict » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:30 am

As of right now I have not found anything that I dislike about these camera's. Every single picture I have gotten has had the whole deer in it. So that tells me we have a fast trigger (I also tested it out in the yard) . I have had one of them outside for a month with 4 lithium batteries and alot of those days were down right cold. over 50 15 sec videos and probably 300 pics the battery's still read 100%. I could easily see these cams running all summer with one set of batteries no problem. If you shop around they range from 180-200 bucks. It has (pts) pipe through security so the lock actually runs right though the camera which is a nice feature for guys that have thieves lurking. Customer service was nothing short of perfect.

They do have some new cams coming out in april that hold 12 aa batteries, also they are coming out with a no glo cam as well. I like the fact of only having to run 4 batteries in these. I bet I'll save 80 bucks on batteries this year.

Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:50 am

I set out 2 cameras over a mineral lick last May and didn't check them until October 10th. I used lithium AA batteries also. One of the cameras is still taking pics on the same batteries. The other camera probably is also.... some sleezebag stole it last month. :x The lithium batteries are all I'll use from now on.
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
rack addict
500 Club

Unread postby rack addict » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:02 pm

Southern Man wrote:I set out 2 cameras over a mineral lick last May and didn't check them until October 10th. I used lithium AA batteries also. One of the cameras is still taking pics on the same batteries. The other camera probably is also.... some sleezebag stole it last month. :x The lithium batteries are all I'll use from now on.

If you hit up ebay You can save a ton of money on aa energizer lithiums. In the store here 4 of them cost 10, I just bought 36 of them for 46.00 to my door.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”