11' ended on a sour note...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BowtechHunting
500 Club
Facebook: Don't have one...

11' ended on a sour note...

Unread postby BowtechHunting » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:05 am

Well, my brother and I set out for the last hunt of 2011, it was windy and chilly and my expectations for seeing anything was very slim. At 5:15, I had 2 does come in at 20yds. I slung a Maxim at the larger doe and watched hunker and bolt. I found my arrow only to be disappointed with my shot placement. I made a partial gut shot (mostly stomach) and clipped a little lung. We found specks of blood at first, then found a few 2-3 ounces of both bright and dark blood puddles. We tracked her for a couple of hours covering about 400 yards or more with the blood trail abruptly ending. I have a feeling that we were just bumping her up. I had to find her that night or the coyotes would for sure within a few hours. We had end the search, because of work. Today is officially the last day, but with rainy and 25-35mph winds, I'll just pass it up and end my season with a big tasty bowl of TAG SOUP!! Adios 2011-2012!

I can't wait for next season, this season was just below average for me.

Indianahunter
500 Club

Re: 11' ended on a sour note...

Unread postby Indianahunter » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:28 am

That's is bummer buddy...never easy dealing with that. Sorry about that you'll recoup for 2012.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:35 am

Yup it happens. I think the later part of the season is the toughest to shoot. You are bundled up in clothes and not as sharp due to lack of practice.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:02 am

Stanley wrote:Yup it happens. I think the later part of the season is the toughest to shoot. You are bundled up in clothes and not as sharp due to lack of practice.

Good point. Its amazing. I shoot religiously through the off season. Every day and pretty darn good. Then season starts and I focus on hunting and never shoot. Pollar opposite of how it should be.

To the OP, sorry about the lost doe. Bum deal man, I feel your pain.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
rack addict
500 Club

Unread postby rack addict » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:22 pm

That sucks man! I've had plenty of servings of tag soup
Bigdaddy-yoyo
500 Club

Unread postby Bigdaddy-yoyo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Sorry Dude, better luck next year

• Advertisement