How hard is it?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Milk Weed Seed
500 Club

Re: How hard is it?

Unread postby Milk Weed Seed » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:57 pm

I trust coyotes more than most of my hunting buddies :lol:
Seriously, it's difficult to find trust worthy people, when egos and money are involved. I have a few good friends who are selfless I think that is the key. Even family members can snake you out on a hunting spot, or money, if your not careful....

[glow=red]Happiness is only a gut pile away[/glow]
Hunter74

Unread postby Hunter74 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:26 pm

I have one friend that I'll go scouting with and that actually wants to put in the work of scouting and figuring out the deer on the property... I can also tell him everything and trust him... That guy is also a member on this sight... Not one of my high school buddys or someone I've been best friends with for years... It is hard to find people that have the same drive and passion for hunting

[ Post made via Android ] Image
blackwolf
500 Club

Unread postby blackwolf » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:05 pm

I have 2 hunting partners that go back 30 years when we can get together. I do a lot on my own, but is very enjoyable sharing with my trusted buddies whenever I can
Bigdaddy-yoyo
500 Club

Unread postby Bigdaddy-yoyo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:39 pm

I think it can be easy, with that said you just have to have the same passion. I met Hunter 74 probably 4 years ago , just walking across from my

place where I hunt and introducing myself. He has become one of my really good friends. Totally trust him. Just have to put your self out there

and be a good judge of character. We have the same passion for hunting. It makes hunting fun when you can share

it with great friends. JMO
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:03 pm

I really only have one friend that I will share most hunting info with....we are on the same page about our areas and hunting style. I have a few other friends that get selective info, but only because they like to talk.....can't afford that with all the hard work I put into my spots.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:14 am

Not very hard, my group shares pretty freely. Only thing is not a lot of big bucks in our group but we do alright. I swap with my neighbor, friend Johnny, friend Dan (he is very good at setting me up) bonecrusher, buxndux, and several others. Have a friend I hunted with in the 90s quite a bit, he would set me right up. I missed a whopper one night while he sat in the tree with me.

Zap come over and I will show you what I got figured out so far in the place across the lake. You can even take my canoe if I have to work.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
jlh42581
500 Club

Unread postby jlh42581 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:04 am

I should take back what I said, I have two buddies who I dont believe have ever burned me.

Kenny, you saw his property thread. (The more I think about his honey hole and how hard he worked to get it, I dont think I will hunt it much, although Ill help him whenever I can)

Bill, a family friend for lifetime, he hunts as hard as I do, just not as smart about tactics, im working on him

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”