How hard is it?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Zap

How hard is it?

Unread postby Zap » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:35 am

To find someone who you can trust sharing info on your spots with?
Someone who wants to walk and look for sheds/beds and deer sign?
Not a family member, but another hunter that you have met.

"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
JV NC
500 Club

Re: How hard is it?

Unread postby JV NC » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:37 am

It's pretty tough.

I know 2 people (who live close enough for it to matter).
Lateral Bowhunter
Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:48 am

Good post Zap. Seems the only people who can talk to about spots,sets, tactics are the same people who when your away, aregonna jump right in there. Guys that you can trust not taking over your spots are probably not hunters. And therefore don't wanta spend time talking hunting.
I know I got buddies who are big into snowmobiling but I can only handle about 2 minutes of sled talk.

I would love a hunting partner that shared the same drive as me but could also trust.
I learnt this the hard way a few times. So now all I got are my HuntingBeast buddies. Not complaining, but you know what I mean.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:50 am

Yes I do.

Alot of folks can be a disappointment.
A good sign is when someone calls you and asks if you want to go look around a spot that he found. 8-)
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:01 am

Zap wrote:Yes I do.

A good sign is when someone calls you and asks if you want to go look around a spot that he found. 8-)

I'm finding in life, not just hunting, people are generally a let down. I have yet to find another person who wants to spring scout, hunt mobile or even take hunting seriously. It's hard to find anyone who will work with you, but if you have a good spot or are onto a good buck there's a million guys willing to pry for information.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:06 am

Right, sure is. My girlfriends father, asks me if I could scout an area for him. And map it all out for him, with entrances sets and everything. I was flattered but hey now I thought. Im not gonna do all the work for you. Now if he had at least attempted to, but failed or was willing to come with than maybe.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
rudy78
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=716176610

Unread postby rudy78 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:10 am

I have a few people I do this with, but pretty tough to find people who are willing to do it more then just one time with you unless they reap a reward of some sort for doing it. I'm not saying I try to get them to do all my work, just that we trade helping each other or someone who wants learn, where we are mutually helping each other. Even to find someone to help with things and gain a lot from a little work is hard to find, meaning you come this one time & help with stuff you will be able to hunt it with me. At least one of the people where we help each other out came from some online conversations, now we are friends and help each other, pretty cool.
A lot of guys are pretty content just doing what they and not putting a lot of work into it or you only want to put a tiny bit of work and have you 'give' them the rest of it.
Full Access- Rom. 5:1-2
forgehunter
500 Club

Unread postby forgehunter » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:20 am

BackWoodsHunter wrote:
Zap wrote:Yes I do.

I'm finding in life, not just hunting, people are generally a let down. I have yet to find another person who wants to spring scout, hunt mobile or even take hunting seriously. It's hard to find anyone who will work with you, but if you have a good spot or are onto a good buck there's a million guys willing to pry for information.

I think this pretty spot on BWH. I myself enjoy heading out and helping someone else get on deer... I get almost as excited for the person I help if they get a deer that I helped scout, then as if I shot it. Plus I am always able to learn something new from somone else. but I too have a hard time finding many people that are serious about hunting... I would be more than happy to give anyone a hand and dont expect anything in return... it is just a blast being out there in the woods for me
Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jimmy V.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:31 am

I have a few friends that I can trust with all my hunting intel. They can also trust me.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
jlh42581
500 Club

Unread postby jlh42581 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:36 am

I gave up, I am tired of being a free guide.
wmahunter
500 Club

Unread postby wmahunter » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:59 am

I had a hunting partner for the past 3 yrs until he moved this year. We would scout and hunt together when he could get a kitchen pass. Family was priority over hunting. Anyway, a few years ago we scouted out this spot and on one weekend he could not hunt. Well I shot a nice buck that weekend. Even though he did not hunt with me I still offered him half of the deer because he was a good friend to hunt with and we scouted the same area. The next weekend after that we hunted together and I put him on another buck. That buck went right by him to the south and ended up stopping not 30 yds to my SW. So I shot him and the deer ran and dropped right under his tree stand. Afterwards, I asked my partner didn't you see or hear that buck walking on the leaves, he was 40 yds from you. He says I cannot hear that great. HMMM. Probably sleeping. We split that one also.

Long story short when he went out of state one of his hunting buddies didn't mind shooting a deer but would not eat it. So he would give me the deer. Now that is friendship.

The best part I find of a good hunting partner is one that does not tell there friends and so on of the good spots.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:06 am

theres only three people i share info with and they do the same......but even then im limit them on info , i dont want to give all my spots away.......

i have only found one person that i have personaly know and met that is just as serious as me hunting wise......

zap you can share with me ...i wont tell anyone :lol: :mrgreen:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
JakeJD
500 Club

Unread postby JakeJD » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:10 am

I am not very social by nature so I enjoy walking the woods and hunting by myself. With a young family and all that is associated with my busy house, it is nice to get out in the woods for a few hours a week for some quiet time enjoying God's creation.

With that said, I do have one buddy that I hunt with. I have access to some private whitetail ground that we hunt together - he drives because it is my access and I am too cheap to drive that far to hunt for myself. We also do a litte waterfowl hunting together at his spot. But, I hunt and scout my local public spots alone.
"In the deed, the glory"
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:11 am

jakedeaver wrote:I am not very social by nature so I enjoy walking the woods and hunting by myself. With a young family and all that is associated with my busy house, it is nice to get out in the woods for a few hours a week for some quiet time enjoying God's creation.

With that said, I do have one buddy that I hunt with. I have access to some private whitetail ground that we hunt together - he drives because it is my access and I am too cheap to drive that far to hunt for myself. We also do a litte waterfowl hunting together at his spot. But, I hunt and scout my local public spots alone.

me too.....
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:34 am

1 of 20 chance
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”