Tag soup!!!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Autumn Ninja

Tag soup!!!

Unread postby Autumn Ninja » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:00 pm

Just got in from work this morning and now it's time to go back for a few days...season ends tomorrow. :(

Looks like tag soup for me...This is the 3rd time I've eaten a buck tag, IT SUCKS!!!!!!! :evil:

No excuses, I had a great year and a lot of fun, just didn't get it done. On the bright side, he'll Just be that much bigger next year when put an arrow through em.

Sorry, I had to vent a little....Not connecting is kinda a big deal to me, I'm a little depressed here. LOL!!! :cry:

BigHunt

Re: Tag soup!!!

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:13 pm

Autumn Ninja wrote:Just got in from work this morning and now it's time to go back for a few days...season ends tomorrow. :(

Looks like tag soup for me...This is the 3rd time I've eaten a buck tag, IT SUCKS!!!!!!! :evil:

No excuses, I had a great year and a lot of fun, just didn't get it done. On the bright side, he'll Just be that much bigger next year when put an arrow through em.

Sorry, I had to vent a little....Not connecting is kinda a big deal to me, I'm a little depressed here. LOL!!! :cry:

dont worry there's always next year man ....ive been there plenty of times....pick your self up and dust your self off ;) i wouldn't let it get you down...... 8-)

sounded like you had a good season anyway , and Ive enjoyed your post 8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:27 pm

Two years in a row for me. Hasn't happened since I killed my first deer in 1994 but I'm O.K. with it as long as I had fun.

Good luck to you next year and I'm sure you kill a slob. Having a bad year makes the next one that much sweeter when you kill one.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:23 pm

Now you feel my pain... ;)

I pitty those deer next year!
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:58 pm

You did get your moneys worth out of your license that is for sure. Not all bad getting skunked. No big taxi bill to pay.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Tadmdad
500 Club

Unread postby Tadmdad » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:12 am

It's been discussed here several times....What's a bigger motivator Sucess or Failure. So is eating a tag a failure because you didn't kill something?

Guess I've really never looked at it that way. If you enjoyed your time afield, spent time with friends and family, were in the game, set a standard and follow things you have a passion for. So eating a tag is a problem?
jlh42581
500 Club

Unread postby jlh42581 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:33 am

Season ended here yesterday. I scouted a new property bow in hand. Ill be eating all my tags for the second time since 1997. Both times I have had to eat tags, I had shots and elected not to take them.
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:36 am

Next season is only 8 months away, and the deer you didn't get will be one size bigger. Cheer up!
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
JV NC
500 Club

Unread postby JV NC » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:05 am

The funny thing is......I'm betting several walked by you that I'd have LOVED to have sent an arrow through.

There has always (and always will be) been an element of luck involved (in hunting mature whitetail bucks). You'll be fine.

Get some rest, pal.
Lateral Bowhunter
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:58 am

You came real close and passed several that will be shooters next year. Maybe next year will be the year you get the 200"+ (your just saving up inch's :mrgreen: ).
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Scot
500 Club

Unread postby Scot » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:41 pm

As others have said, hopefully there was enjoyment and satisfaction along the way! There is a lot to be said for keeping at it and hunting hard. That can be very rewarding. Hopefully it has been for you.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:45 pm

sorry to hear that ninja! at least you know it wasn't from a lack of effort...maybe next year 8-)
When better is possible, good is never good enough

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”