2011 UP muzzle buck

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

U.P. MAN
500 Club

2011 UP muzzle buck

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:12 am

This was my oops buck from back in december. I had a really nice target buck, a long tined 8 point coming in regularly. This one came in at last shooting light, it was snowing hard and i mistook him for the other one. I never had another picture of my target buck. I was pretty dissapointed and threw the head on the side of the garage. I decided to dig it out and take some pics.

Schultzy
500 Club

Re: 2011 UP muzzle buck

Unread postby Schultzy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:38 am

You made a good shot on a deer and recovered It. A congratulation's Is In order!!
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:50 am

I agree congratulations.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
addisonlee

Unread postby addisonlee » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:05 am

Any buck is a trophy in my books, because there's always a story behind it. Just like this one. Congrats. :clap:
UPbowhunter
Facebook: todd freeman

Unread postby UPbowhunter » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:15 am

Skipper, no excuses man, meat in the freezer dude. Congrats on a nice buck!
Go Go Epic Stuff, Seek Wilderness
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:03 pm

Do you have an idea how old that deer is?

He has pretty decent mass and wouldn't be surprised if he was a 3.5 year old. The brow tines look well defined.

I say congrats, that is a nice UP or northern WI buck. 8-) Bucks like that are still few and far between on public land.
U.P. MAN
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:12 pm

Hodag Hunter wrote:Do you have an idea how old that deer is?

He has pretty decent mass and wouldn't be surprised if he was a 3.5 year old. The brow tines look well defined.

I say congrats, that is a nice UP or northern WI buck. 8-) Bucks like that are still few and far between on public land.

The pic is a little decieving since i was so close to it :lol: I am pretty sure he is 2.5. I shot him on my little 23 acre chunk where my house is. Central upper peninsula. After I shot him i went and got the kids to track the blood trail. My wife and i were behind them and when the light hit the buck I was glad the kids were in front and out of earshot :oops: I dont mind so much now, It is what It is. The kids had a great time tracking, and i didnt let them know i was dissapointed.
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:22 pm

Do you have other examples of 2.5 year old bucks from your area?

Spysar had a thread a while back of bucks he judged the ages and I thought that was very informative.

I have some pictures and was mulling over starting another deer topic regarding racks. Again all aging is a judgemental guess but a guy can become pretty close in a general area by rack size.

In my local, I have never seen a 2.5 with brows that defined and mass....I would still guess him as a 3.5 for a whitetail in the north woods.

Congrats again, I always say any deer that survived rifle season just added another year to it's age total. There are no fawns after gun season, they are all adults now. :lol:
U.P. MAN
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:48 pm

You could be right for sure,I'm not very good with aging. I'll try and dig up some of my racks that I thought were two when I get a chance.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
U.P. MAN
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:52 pm

UPbowhunter wrote:Skipper, no excuses man, meat in the freezer dude. Congrats on a nice buck!

Thanks, I hope your family member brings their vehicle to the shop so I can tell them the story how I met you! Lol

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”