What Beast Would You Like To Share A Camp With?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: What Beast Would You Like To Share A Camp With?

Unread postby Stanley » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:46 pm

dan wrote:I don't drink or smoke Stan ;)

You're in. ;)

You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:53 pm

Scot wrote:I am not feeling the love! I an sure there are very few folks here that I would not enjoy sharing a hunting camp with. I am not going to list names because I don't want to slight anyone.
Stanley, I don't smoke or drink and my motto is give it your all and what ever happens happens I have enough pressures in my life. Hunting is not going to be one of them. So what part of the season would be best to have me come out? :)

pre-season, looking for a good driver. You got a truck that will haul a lot of stands and equipment? ;)
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:17 pm

I would have to say Dan for obvious reasons...Dewey because he is a dedicated public land marsh hunter, and Bowhunter15 because he is around the same age, films, hunts public, and we sat in the same tree! HA. 8-) .

Dan, If you need a cameraman for whatever reason for that idea you had let me know ;) 8-) . That would be a pretty good episode for your webshow...
Scot
500 Club

Unread postby Scot » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:57 pm

Stanley wrote:
Scot wrote:I am not feeling the love! I an sure there are very few folks here that I would not enjoy sharing a hunting camp with. I am not going to list names because I don't want to slight anyone.
Stanley, I don't smoke or drink and my motto is give it your all and what ever happens happens I have enough pressures in my life. Hunting is not going to be one of them. So what part of the season would be best to have me come out? :)

pre-season, looking for a good driver. You got a truck that will haul a lot of stands and equipment? ;)

I know you are kidding but if I lived closer I would be all over that. I love to scout and to set stands.
forgehunter
500 Club

Unread postby forgehunter » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:04 am

I can't list just one either. But it would be an honor and a privlige to share a camp withany one of you guys (and girls)! I have had the privledge of turkey hunting with Dan and he is just a great guy with a ton of knowledge and a great sense of humor!
Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jimmy V.
snoman4

Unread postby snoman4 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:09 am

I do not know a lot of people here yet but from what I have seen I think I would share a camp with any one of the guys here. I will be sharing a future camp with anyone that wants to try and shoot a wiley ole Osceola Turkey.
cwoods
500 Club

Unread postby cwoods » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:12 pm

Many this is a tough one! Zap, Dan, and Spy.
cwoods
500 Club

Unread postby cwoods » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:22 pm

Man its hard to leave out Muddy. He drinks quality brew and has a knack for being in right place at the right time. I hunted about as many days as he sat at home admiring dinkasaurus.
cwoods
500 Club

Unread postby cwoods » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:30 pm

dan wrote:
BigHunt wrote:ZAP,Dan, and if carol hunted the last one would be her ....she an awesome woman , and Dan is a lucky man ;)

:think:

:naughty: Big buck serial killer turned....man killer! Just bsin w/ yall.
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:30 pm

snoman4 wrote:I do not know a lot of people here yet but from what I have seen I think I would share a camp with any one of the guys here. I will be sharing a future camp with anyone that wants to try and shoot a wiley ole Osceola Turkey.

So you got the Osceola turkeys huh?
cwoods
500 Club

Unread postby cwoods » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:44 pm

dan wrote:I know Im weird, but I have often thought about how fun it would be if we got all the top hunters on the site together and hunted a public woods none of us had ever hunted and see who comes out with the biggest bucks...

I dream of this happening! It could be done just using beast members. I think its VERY doable. Take the top 3-5 beast hunters from each state and they duel it out on the same piece of land. If schedules cant work out for the same time the hunters have to hunt equal amount of days to hunt. For example 7 days to get it done on that one chuck of land. So winner from WI, Mich, Minn, Iowa, Ohio and Ken can join as one (Autum Ninja has to be in), Ill, then take some of us southern boys and flip to see what state we hunt in VA/NC/MD/SC. If you win you advance to next year to face off the winners from each state. Then winners duke it out the next year in maybee Iowa. Losers from the year before team up to pay /share tag fee for the winner of there state or atleast pref points. Maybee not Iowa since it'd be hard for winners to all draw. I think you see where this is going.
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:12 pm

I know it will never happen but I'm not a fan of the beast contest thing to see who is the best macho hunter around. That's almost as bad as Drurys pro vs. amateurs! Whitetails are amazing animals and deserve respect. That kind of stuff only fuels the antis fire. Just my opinion.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
snoman4

Unread postby snoman4 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:04 am

Brad Lamont wrote:
snoman4 wrote:I do not know a lot of people here yet but from what I have seen I think I would share a camp with any one of the guys here. I will be sharing a future camp with anyone that wants to try and shoot a wiley ole Osceola Turkey.

Lots of them. We do not kill them in the fall and only kill birds with an 8.5 inch or better beard. I leased this ground years ago just because of the quality of turkeys it had on it. It has turned into a great deer place too but it has taken alot more work on the deer. The turkey quality has not really changed on the ground because it was already really awesome.
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:23 pm

snoman4 wrote:
Brad Lamont wrote:

Lots of them. We do not kill them in the fall and only kill birds with an 8.5 inch or better beard. I leased this ground years ago just because of the quality of turkeys it had on it. It has turned into a great deer place too but it has taken alot more work on the deer. The turkey quality has not really changed on the ground because it was already really awesome.

How big do they normally run for weight and spurs? I have only hunted easterns and I have heard there generally bigger birds than the other 3. Is that true or are they similar? I see on the video's they have real long legs!
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:41 pm

snoman4 wrote:
Brad Lamont wrote:

Just curious...How is hunting Florida as far as bugs and snakes are concerned.

I was going to do a hog hunt in Florida a couple of years ago but opted to go to Oklahoma instead...

There are tons of poisonous snakes and spiders in Florida, at least that's what it says online..kinda freaked me out. :shock: :?

How do you protect yourself from them, or is it really not that big of a deal?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”